DK

Feb 26, 2000
It's MOTOCROSS, not MOTORCROSS!!!!

I just watched the Glen Helen MX on tape and had to rewind it to check he REALLY said it and he did it all thoughout the program. What a dweeb, you expect Eckmann to say something like this but Coombs...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I doubt it...

Davey has been racing/riding for years (pretty fast by the way), publishes the best MX rag in the business, etc., etc...

Besides, you probably just told him yourself.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Davey says Motorcross all the time. I get a kick out of it because you know that he KNOWS it makes people get their panties all in a bunch.:confused:

YOU GO DAVEY

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Maybe he lost a bet and he has to say motorcross on the air. Hey it's possible. Or maybe it's an old habit that he's had since he was a youth (ute?). But I would have to agree that he knows the proper use of the word. Plus, Davey Coombs is no dweeb. He is very, very cool:cool: Just look at what he does for a living. He goes to every Supercross and every National Moto(r)cross. He parties with his buddies, he makes tons of money, he is on TV every week, he has a beeeutiful wife, and a great magazine. Seems like the definition of cool, if you ask me.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Thanks for the definition, Wes. I'm bummed to find out that I'm only one-third cool.:o :( :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Vic

D'oh! How'd ya know it was me?:confused:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Not to mention the guy has(had?) pro class speed and races ametuer day at the Nats. He used to race pro but decided it wasn't the best for his future and look where he is now.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Re: Vic

Originally posted by VintageDirt
D'oh! How'd ya know it was me?:confused:

LOL! YOU are the only Albuquerqian around here! :D :cool:

Top Bottom