sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Something that i cant recall experiencing before happenend and just want to know if its normal or if i have a real problem. I was trying to run some gas through this bike (2001 cr125) that i just got running because it has brand new piston and rings in it and i want to make sure she is gonna perform before i haul it out to a track. Anyway, not realizing how little gas i dumped in the tank i guess, i ran out while going at a pretty good clip, you know how it starts to bog out like a fouled plug or something? anyway after doing that for a few seconds it went wide open throttle so i yank the clutch and push on the kill switch as hard as i can, nothing, still screamin wide open so still not exactly sure what was happening all i could think to do was rip the gas line off (at this time i wasnt really sure it was empty) until when i pulled it off no gas came out.... after about 20 seconds it finally quit and stopped, i dont think anything happenend i just think all the gas finally burnt up but is this normal? i used to ride 2 stroke racing bikes all day long (10 - 12 years ago) and cant remember this ever happening......

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
When the bike begins to run out of gas in the tank, it will lean out and begin to rev as if it had an air leak. It ran so long because of what little fuel was left in the bowl. It is a good idea to kill it as the engine may not be getting the proper amont of mix in cylinder to lube it. If you kill switch won't work in a pinch, stop and hold both brakes and stall it with the clutch.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
cool, thanks guys. I will remember that but i will try not to run out of gas in the future...

Top Bottom