Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Folks,
This last weekend was a first, son highsided on a berm, and landed on the top lip of it, square on the radiator. It doesnt leak....(yet, fingers crossed) but darn is it folded back against the tank. Anyone know who I can ship this thing off to to get back into shape (its twisted a bit at the base as well, the kid crashes well!)
Thanks in advance.......and yes I will be purchasing some guards from DEVOL or, does any one have any other recommendations for Rad. guards (it was a very low speed get off, so am kind of concerned with the vulnerability of em)
Thanks
HR

------------------
CR-500
Maxed out to run in the woods........and now the new toys.....WR250F added to the stable (stock for now) :)

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
What up brah,

Flatland racing makes the guards for Thumper racing (no ka oi) and these are beefier than the DeVols.

And yes there are some rad rebuilders here in the 48. I'll see if I can get a name and post it later.

vetwfo'er

------------------
99 WR400f, White Bros E-Series silencer and tapered head pipe. YZ seat and tank. Thumper rad guards, works frame guards, scots steering damper. Soon to be MX-Tech suspension. SETRA, AMA, Happy Ramblers MC.

97KDX220, FMF Rev pipe and silencer, renthals.

Courage is not the absense of fear. It is the judgement that something is more important, than fear.

bentbarz

Dec 16, 2000
If it makes you feel any better, I dropped (was actually knocked) mine on another bike and did the same thing. I addition to the rad, the shroud and cheap plastic gaurd was trashed. My Devol gaurds should be in tomorrow! I ordered a new half, $253 with shipping and AMA discount. ...there goes the pipe.

------------------
That's gonna leave a mark!

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Myler's Rad Repair....

1-800-367-7699

8414 McDonell Ct.
West Jordan, UT 84088

Double check address

They are great on bikes, all of us out West use em as we tend to crash at speed which usually damages radiators a little more severely.....

------------------

Bob Heald

Mar 5, 2001
vetwfo'er,
Is there a website for the radiator guards that you mentioned? I've seen the Devol rad guards, but I'd like to see some others... I've heard of the flatland racing ones but never seen them... even a phone number would be good.. thanks!

A buddy of mine went through three radiators last season on his YZ426.. I don't want to repeat his performance!

------------------
'01 YZ426F
'00 KLX300R (For Sale)

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
From your posts, HR, it is clear that you and your son have been having WAY too much fun for too long. This feeble attempt, though gracious, to lower our jealousy quotient will only help to a very minor extent.

------------------

JPrelude

Apr 17, 2000
Definately send it to Myler's as stated by buckholz. I sent out my crunched rad and they straightened that baby right out. It only cost me 35 bucks. That's his base charge, 5 dollars extra per leak that may have to be welded if one springs while straightening. But here's the good part, he won't charge you any more than 70 bucks regardless of how many welds might be necessary. Two thumbs up!

------------------

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
I will pull the Rad off and get it in the mail.......and the guards will be ordered as well........no leaks.....all intact just bent to angles that the designer never intended :O
Thanks everyone for your advice and assistance on this....Mahalo!

Longtime: Too much fun? Not possible, like too much sex, too much roosting on a 500, like too many fellow dirt bikers to ride with.......and dont be jealous.....no green sticker here, open riding, year round 78-82 degree temps (year round) nice breeze, awesome scenery where we ride of the North Shore surfing area........dont be jealous.....no reason to be
:)
Thanks again folks! Your the best!
HR

------------------
CR-500
Maxed out to run in the woods........and now the new toys.....WR250F added to the stable (stock for now) :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom