OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I know most a you guys are obsessed with banging off of trees, but if it's not too ungodly cold, there is an open practice session Saturday from 10 to 2. The track is south of Wellston OK on Hwy 177. It is an old style natural terrain track with some great elevation changes and not too many huge jumps. Dirt is a little on the hard pack side, but depending on prep there is some traction. There is also a neat 6 mile woods loop to occupy time between motos. Anyone up for it?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i rode a private practice there once in '00. they had a cool jump that dropped into a valley. it made for some good airtime. they had a fun whoop section too. the dirt was not very good and they had a couple of small doubles that i thought were very dangerous (the kind that you're afraid of but you have to try them if you're racing). i never made it back there.

the drop-away jump...

Attachments

• jaysooner1.jpg
    jaysooner1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 58

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I've been wanting to ride this track, never have. Cooperland is having practice as well. I was going to C'land, but Wellston sounds fun. I have heard that the Okie Dirt Riders "Toys for Tots" poker run may be this W/E, that's always fun. Glad you posted,
will decide in a few days.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
...eegads, all these lifetime sponsers, I feel like such a leach...

Anyway, Saturday the 7th at 10 AM at a track I have never been to, I might be able to make it... Can you ride the woods loop after open practice (2 PM)?

Tapkawiman

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2002
OldMaiconut
Do you have any more information about that Poker run? (Flyer or Website.) A buddy and I are MX riders in Missouri and are looking for something different to do this weekend?

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Mark Riojas said to call this number before going to Wellston this Saturday in a thread over at MXStates (I started a thread over there to see if they will be open on Saturday)…

The hot line # is 751-6616 call before you haul

I think that area code would be 405???

Chris Brown might be canceling the Cooperland race this weekend due to the weather we had a few days ago. Check this MXStates thread for an update. He said he would make a decision by Friday afternoon…

http://www.mxstates.com/MX/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1675

I won’t be going to Wellston. The Awards Banquet for the Thunder Series is on Sunday in Alma and today I had to put a new alternator in my truck! Funds are kind of low right now for riding…

Last edited:
Top Bottom