cudmak

Mar 23, 2001
I bought a Pro Circuit plat pipe for my 01 KDX220. It's going on this weekend. I called PC to see what they recommended for jets and they said this: "Your stock main is a 145, leave it. Your stock pilot is a 42, go up to a #50. Move needle to 2nd from top, and turn air screw 1.5 out."

Does this sound right to you guys? :think: Wanna make sure in case I need to pick up anything else before the weekend. I ordered the #50 pilot and 150 main (just in case) and should get them by Fri. Oh, I ride in northern MN which is something like 700ft above sea level.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
No.

But I've never jetted to a PC platinum pipe on a 220.

Justkdx says:

With a performance pipe/expansion chamber, air box mods , the factory or after-market silencer and the stock 33mm carburetor run a 42 pilot....

And with the airbox mod (to an otherwise properly jetted bike) you would jet richer....and it's STILL a 42.

If you try PCs suggestion, post the result. Doubt you'll keep a 50 pilot!

Look for that setup to take a LONG time to stop 4-stroking on a choke-cold start, have lousy throttle response off the bottom, and after a real long downhill (idling) make sure you have a spare plug handy!

cudmak

Mar 23, 2001
YIKES! I don't like the sound of that. Can anybody confirm? I've chucked the air box lid completely and have done nothing thus far for jetting, etc. This is my first attempt at a pipe and changing jetting. By what you're telling me, I shouldn't change the pilot, I should leave at 42. How bout the main? Leave it alone at 145?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom