jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
1st time to ride there. Cool place...
Taraker and I headed out there on Sunday. Cost is $10/bike. They have ~100 acres with the following:
+Outdoor MX track - tons o fun
+Arena Cross track - super-high jumps and tight
+Kid's track - So Jr. can ride
+Super-secret Supercross track - by invite only.

Planned
+ X-country loop

The ride:
Great day, good weather. Track was a bit over-watered upon arrival, but the dirt was good. These guys running the place are top-notch. They solicited feedback on a section of the track from Taraker and I. Ten minutes later he is over there with the tractor fixing the berm as we suggested!

It was a good day of riding until the end (for me) all in all. I did something incredibly stoooopid on the last lap of the day and crashed HARD. There was a ~40' step-up double after a hard left-hander. Taraker and I had been nailing it all day. Last lap of the day and I get squirrely coming out of the turn. My testosterone tells me to "click into 3rd and gas it because I can make it man"!

I lost too much momentum b/c of wheelspin and like a doofus I stayed in it... :o
I went up the face of the take off veering to the left. The left side of the landing is the highest side. Not where I wanted to be headed at all.

I came up short and ate it hard. Bloody nose, bent my Pro Tapers, bent the left radiator, snapped my clutch lever, and mangled my right hand. It is swollen so big I can't see any of my knuckles (it is about 2x normal size). Pics soon to come...

Hopefully it isn't broken (I can move everything, but it hurts). Like a true addict - I got the parts to fix my bike 1st. I'll go to the Dr. after the swelling goes down (I think). :think:

I gotta fix the bike and get the swelling to go down so I can go there again soon!

-jeffd

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Let's see the pic of this so called "fake looking" hand of yours. What a doofus :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jeff, sorry to hear this.  Get that hand checked out.  Let us know the prognosis.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Pictures of hand

Notice that there are no veins showing and I can only now start to see my index finger knuckles after 3 days. You can't see the pretty shades of blue and purple too good. Also note the swelling all the way into my wrist.

Attachments

• hands small.jpg
    hands small.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 256

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Bent bike - front

notice orientation of front wheel, fender, radiator droop, and drooping Pro Tapers, :-/

Attachments

• bent yz front small.jpg
    bent yz front small.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 246

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Shot from the back
You can really see just how bent the left radiator is. Ouchie.

Attachments

• bent yz back small.jpg
    bent yz back small.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 235

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Let's see the pic of this so called "fake looking" hand of yours. What a doofus :laugh:

Bite me Eric! :moon:
Like you never crashed. Phhhhhpht! :confused:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
I offered my two year olds booboo bunny for his hand but Jeff was just to macho for that :laugh:

I knew you didn't mean it. You got all teary-eyed just thinking about me leaving the house with it! :eek:

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
One more pic so you can see how thick the boo boo is.

Attachments

• hands-side.jpg
    hands-side.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 138

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Skinny little girl's wrists if you ask me!  No wonder you're whining so much! :moon: ;)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by TwinCam
Skinny little girl's wrists if you ask me!  No wonder you're whining so much! :moon: ;)

Maybe if I whined a little more I could get my name changed like you, TwinWank. :think:

-jeffd

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom