woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Here we go gang.... Take this address:
9210 184th Ave.
Holton Mi 49425

Go to Mapquest.com , scroll down to "directions" , plug in your zipperoni in the "starting point" and fill in the blanks at the "end point" with the addy provided... That WILL get you on the gravel road that leads to the trail head.. Go North PAST the driveway from that addy. IF YOU ARE GOING SOUTH WHEN YOU PASS THE ADDRESS YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!! Stay on the main gravel road (there are a couple spots that you can turn off but DONT DO IT!!!) Just follow the main road gravel road a couple miles around Horseshoe Lake and you will come right to the trail head - it is well posted and on the East side of the road!!!
Now - a word of caution to all new comers to the area.. When you come to the corner of Skeels and 184th - 184th is signed 184th on the North side of Skeels and it is signed "Schow" on the South side (its a County line name change)!! This IS the road to take North!!!
Any questions SOW riders???? LETS RIDE!!!!!!!
Woodsy :ride:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
woodsy said:
!!!
Any questions SOW riders???? LETS RIDE!!!!!!!

Yes. Are they Hampshires, Berkshires or Poland China?
Do we need a bridle? What type of saddle? Soft, narrow, gripper? How about stirrups? Folding, spring loaded? Protective caps for the dispensers?

One more. East is not available with the GLS.

Trouble Maker

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
Allright Im lost already???

So am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I dont get lost - everywhere I go, there I am.

(I am still not 100% on being able to make it...but i do hope to!)

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
SOW Ride

Hoping to make it! I still need to ride that new bike. Snow is almost gone in Gaylord. Maybe another week and it will be riding time in the North. KTM Mike, are you in for riding together?? I'll drop you email.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Woodsy....you the man! Any one who can't follow those easy directions should just sell their bikes and forget it.
.................... :worship:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Is there a campground nerby ? I"m driveing up with a friend Fri. night. Gunna snooze in the trailer. Driveing up through Neweygo from 96.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
Is there a campground nerby ? I"m driveing up with a friend Fri. night. Gunna snooze in the trailer. Driveing up through Neweygo from 96.

Of course you do realise that Camping is allowed on State and Federal Land dont you?? And that whole area (Horseshow Lake) is therefore open to just that!! You should see that place during Gun Deer season - CAMPS ALL OVER!! Just pick a two track, shut off the truck, climb in the trailer and go to sleep.... I dont think you can "legally" camp in the Trail Head parking lot but I know a couple guys that have done so,,,, descreetly,,,, all over Michigan and never had a problem.....
If you want baths you will have to find a spot to park next to the White River found just North of the Trail Head!

tall1 said:
Woodsy....you the man! Any one who can't follow those easy directions should just sell their bikes and forget it.
.................... :worship:

Thanks Gary!! Judging by those other YAHOOOOOOS responses I was beginning to think I was the only sane person on this thread!!! :boss:
On the 8th, if the group happens to split up into smaller groups for the actual ride, make sure you follow me!! You seem like the type of person who KNOWS who is a great, stable, normal, honest, straight shootin, never faltering, always observant, constantly in tune with nature, able to keep the sun on his right shoulder, leaving NO ONE behind, very serious minded and ALWAYS able to bring home any one who follows him thru thick and thin type of leader... Yeaaaaa,,, make sure you get in "my" group - I promise I will try and make you proud!!! :aj:
Soooo THERE all you neigh-sayers :moon:
Ysdoow :ride:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Thanks for the reply. Would"nt be the first time I slept in a parking lot. I just thought I would ask.Crap fire. I can think a few times I slept in my own driveway. :laugh:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
Thanks for the reply. Would"nt be the first time I slept in a parking lot. I just thought I would ask.Crap fire. I can think a few times I slept in my own driveway. :laugh:

Or rest area, Walmart Parking lot, City Cemetary, under an overpass, over an underpass or even under a snowmobile trailer... Its allllll good if your gonna be riding the next day! :nod:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
woodsy said:
Or rest area, Walmart Parking lot, City Cemetary, under an overpass, over an underpass or even under a snowmobile trailer... Its allllll good if your gonna be riding the next day! :nod:

...in my front yard, waking up to my dog licking your face... :nener:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
KADIE - Tell your boss to get off the soapbox, give you a kick and lets see if we can lose him.

INCA

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
The Leader ?

Quote from Woodsy:
On the 8th, if the group happens to split up into smaller groups for the actual ride, make sure you follow me!! You seem like the type of person who KNOWS who is a great, stable, normal, honest, straight shootin, never faltering, always observant, constantly in tune with nature, able to keep the sun on his right shoulder, leaving NO ONE behind, very serious minded and ALWAYS able to bring home any one who follows him thru thick and thin type of leader... Yeaaaaa,,, make sure you get in "my" group - I promise I will try and make you proud!!! :coocoo: :rotfl:

Curtis aka ORTR

Im planning on attending with my son ,brother and the lumberjack. KTM Mike, you have got to come down and ride with us.Cr250 Mike come on down with Mike ,and call your brother Steve to get him to ride.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Sndmn I have a couch and / or floor for you and the boy if your interested. Its a little warmer than your enclosed trailer. That way you could just haul the bikes in the Ranger and save the gas.

I may even be able to whip up some pancakes for breakfast :cool:

O

(over) 50

Woodsy, directions??? I always enjoy any ride with him. Reminds me of the years I spent riding MX, Hare scrambles,you know where you see the same big pine tree or old hunting shack go by lap after lap! Maybe I can make this saturday ride and with my GPS know that at some point someone will ask HEY Woodsy where are we? Then I'll just listen and SMILE.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
KTM Mike said:
...in my front yard, waking up to my dog licking your face... :nener:

Is that what that was?????? I was having this excellent dream of when I was 17 years old, parking at the movies with this really neat chick who had just moved into the area and......

INCA said:
KADIE - Tell your boss to get off the soapbox, give you a kick and lets see if we can lose him.

INCA

Hey INCA!! Long time no have stayed overnight!! You left just in time - the boss has me in a ZILLION pieces right now - new reeds, bottom shock bearings (fresh grease in all the others), new tires, new fork covers, NEW REAR FENDER AND LIGHT AND REAR BAG, new chain and sprockets, new primary shaft seal, new oil in the mono, CLEAN air filter and, best of all - NEW NEEDLE ON THE GLS!!! I cant wait till the SOW ride!!

3KDXXR2 said:
Im planning on attending with my son ,brother and the lumberjack. KTM Mike, you have got to come down and ride with us.Cr250 Mike come on down with Mike ,and call your brother Steve to get him to ride.

Just recieved word that FREEEEEE, abousultly FREE break-in of new bikes is going to be offered at this ride!!! ANYONE that has a NEW BIKE that they need broken in is WELCOME to bring it along and have it done for you - FREE of charge!!! (full tank of gas required to qualify for this special offer!!!)....... I, Woodsy, do hereby swear under penalty of violation #1145226 of Judge Weissenborns riders code, that this offer is valid!!

YZMAN400 said:
I may even be able to whip up some pancakes for breakfast :cool:

Sorry I missed getting the info to Pat on this offer for free breakfast at Dons for all SOW Riders.. Tell ya what I'll do to make it up to you guys.. I will stop by at YZMAN's house and get an address for ya'll so you can mapquest it too!! Personally, having eatin with Don on a number of occasions I am not so sure that I would want his grubby little fingers makin my pancakes BUT, maybe he is a little more careful with his cookin then he is with his eatin - after all - he isnt half starved from being lost in the Boon woods all day... Oh well, whether you show at his house for breakfast is up to each one of you!!!!

(over) 50 said:
Maybe I can make this saturday ride and with my GPS know that at some point someone will ask HEY Woodsy where are we? Then I'll just listen and SMILE.

Sorry Bob - GPS's dont work in that area - something about lunar forces and Amish horses!! I believe its in that area that Teds name for GPS's (Go Park Somewhere - WE're riding!!) came to be.... Luckily I happen to have one of two GLS's that I will have with me!! Now they work GREAT in ANY application ------- as long as you can keep the needles on!!! (dont worry about that though - I have the NEW and IMPROVED Needle version direct from the factory and I personally installed it so you KNOW we will all get home safely!~!!)
Hope you can make it buddy!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
(over) 50 said:
Woodsy, directions??? I always enjoy any ride with him. Reminds me of the years I spent riding MX, Hare scrambles,you know where you see the same big pine tree or old hunting shack go by lap after lap! Maybe I can make this saturday ride and with my GPS know that at some point someone will ask HEY Woodsy where are we? Then I'll just listen and SMILE.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Something just crossed my mind Bob.... Do you remember the time that YT2, Randy, Larry, You and I were up near the Nichols Lake area and you had your Go Park Somewhere on and I didnt know it.. At the end of the day you did one of those little "let me show you guys where we have been" routines?? Seems like there were a half a dozen semi circles on that GPS map :aj: Matter of fact, as I recall - one of them was within 1 city block of actually connecting to make a actual circle!!! Whew,,, that was CLOSE!!! I dont EVER want to be labled as one of those "going in circles" kind of people. :aj:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Woodsy - No label needed for "going in circles" when it is a known fact. The main group made three 'loops' that day, but you made about three more on your own - lost as usual. And how about the time you led us high above a creek and had to circle back because you had lost the trail. Yes, you're right, I'm a snitch. The big question is, can a barrel of monkeys have more fun?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Woodsy -
For many of our Dual Sport routes we purposely go in circles! I call them Deja Vu corners (not because of the scenery though). Many times we have a loop that you reach from one direction, then turn (say left, then start making rights) and pretty soon you are right back to the same corner but facing the opposite direction (and about to make another left, so you never cover the same section twice). Drives some of the guys nuts. I think it's pretty neat to be able to do.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Good news guys - looks like I am in! Mike K (CR250/KTM250@winters) and I will drive down together. Another guy I know may also show up to (pat add in 2 or 3 to the head count).

What sort of eats are not yet spoken for by some else - LMK and I will bring what ever you guys feel is needed still!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Looks like I'll be packing TWO bags. One for RIDING gear and one for RIOT gear.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
What sort of eats are not yet spoken for by some else - LMK and I will bring what ever you guys feel is needed still!

Two dozen hard boiled eggs chillin in a jar of jalapenos.Who can do the best "Cool Hand Luke " imitation ? Chile in the pot.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
Looks like I'll be packing TWO bags. One for RIDING gear and one for RIOT gear.

May as well just leave the riding gear home too YT.. Something tells me that everything that takes place on the 8th is GOING to be a RIOT!!!

KTMMike,,, anything you bring will be welcome - probably dont wanna make anything to heavy as there will be plenty of miles to cover after lunch too!! Oh, wait a minute, you guys are those fasssstttt guys from Camp Chaos arent cha,, hmmmmmm,,, tell ya what - stop at Mikkeeeddeeees on the way down and each eat 5 breakfast burritos, then drink a quart of milk each just before we ride, then surprise us with some real greasy fried chicken for lunch - you and your group can finish off all the left overs from lunch just before we head out to ride for the "post-lunch follow Woodsy to parts unknown ride".... That'll work!
C ya's soon!

Top Bottom