woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
I have a 99 CR250, just put new chain/sprockets on. Noticed some chain rub on case. Was this from worn out chain or maybe needing a spacer on shaft due to oring chain. I believe I have heard of this on the 450's. If so what size washer do I need?

Doing a search on here shows the same topic about a year ago, basically said no spacer, so the rubbing I had from old set was from them being worn out and having too much side play?

Thanks Rob

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I had a '96 YZ125 and it needed a spacer to keep the O-ring chain away from the cases. I put it on and had zero problems. I made it myself out of a large washer. It was tops 1/16" thick.

RedThumper

Feb 29, 2004
I have a '03 CRF and I had the same problem when I put an O-ring on. My solution was to put the front sprocket on inside-out. It gave me about an extra 1/16" clearance. Another solution is to get a spacer from your local parts dealer. What was originally a short term fix to get me through one ride, has lasted me for over a year without any excessive wear and tear on my sprocket or case.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I run a standard chain on my 99 and it is very close to the case, so I would think with the slightly wider o-ring chain that a 1-2mm spacer would be needed.

Top Bottom