O-ring chain case rubbing prevention

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
One chain ago, I ran an oring on my 98KX250. It lasted well but rubbed the case next to the countershaft sprocket. I went back to a non-oring for this reason. Since then, I remember seeing a product that prevented this rubbing. It was basically a washer that went between the sprocket and case which created the clearance required to prevent the contact. Anybody know where I can get this product? If I can find it I'd like to go back to an oring. I'm due for a chain now.

Thanks,

MXTex

yz125_894

Nov 23, 2003
i dont know for the kx but they have a little ring in dennis kirk for the crf 450 hope thats some help contact the maker of that to see if they make one for thekx :thumb:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I got one at a Hardware store and just reamed it out until it fit. All you need is 1/16" thick maximum and you will be fine. I have NEVER had a single problem with mine.

BlazinBoy

Feb 13, 2004
Be very careful about putting a washer behind the sprocket on the KX as this will make it tough to get the c-clip which holds the sprocket on into its groove. The correct fix for this is to go up 1 tooth size on the countershaft sprocket and 3 teeth up on the rear sprocket to keep the same gear ratio......then you can run an oring chain without it rubbing the case. You will need to increase the chain length also after changing the sprockets.

Top Bottom