highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, I did some searches but didn't find quite what I was looking for. Anyways, I ride a 01 KX250 and my bike runs fine until it gets cold and i have to let it warm up again. Then the plug fouls. I take the plug out and the plug looks good, but there is no spark. I run BR8ES and EG sometimes. I put on a fresh plug and there is a strong spark and my bike runs fine until i have to warm it up again.

bmoore4w21

May 2, 2005
I had similar problems with mine as well. Same make model and year. Check the spark plug wire and make sure it is connected to the firing boot. There was a loose connection on mine. It actually came off one time when I was taken out the spark plug. I have since fixed this and I always use a hotter plug BR7ES NGK. No more problems. Hope this helps.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
couple a good revs b4 you shut it off to clear the pipe when you go to start it ..............other than that jetting

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
A hotter plug is not a good substitute for proper jetting. If the plug fouls when letting the bike warm up at idle with the choke off, then you're too rich on the pilot circuit. You can turn the air screw out a little (1/2 to 1 turn), but you may very well need to go a step leaner (or two) on the pilot jet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom