BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm willing to have a SF at my place. The question is the weather in getting prepared. It would likely cost a couple-hundred bucks worth of deisel to finish my track and several long weekends of prep.
The HS have always helped out but I don't want to volunteer anyone. The track north of me has been closed. The woods loop on the "250" is three miles via county road and is tight and technical. Apalaicha Bay aka the Island is 15 miles away and is 740 acres of sand, rock, and woods, mostly quad trac but still challenging and entertaining.
Any thoughts or comments?

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
BTW, I was thinking of late May to mid June but would consider a later date.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'll be there....

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
I heard Cedar Ridge is shut down, The guy that had it bailed to mexico, all the fences are torn down and signs everywhere posted no motorvehicles of any kind. I think it got seized.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll check it out today.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin said:
Brian, do you have any connections to the new owners at Cooperland?
No, I have not met them as of yet.
Also, the track that is north of me is closed down. Signs are posted but appears that not alot of people are abiding by the signs.
The ground is still too wet to work the dozer or loader so I'll have to wait a week and try again.

Sep 19, 2004
I have met the new owner of cooperland, his name is Steve Shultz. He is very nice and is doing alot of things to make the place even better than it was, he even put a playground in for the kids. He is a very family minded guy.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'll be up there for the summer, so count me in. I wouldn't mind coming up to help as well, but I won't be there until mid-May.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
BSWIFT said:
BTW, I was thinking of late May to mid June but would consider a later date.

i'm out for the weekends of may 27 and june 17. i'm going to try to run the state championships this year and those dates conflict.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
mx547 said:
i'm out for the weekends of may 27 and june 17. i'm going to try to run the state championships this year and those dates conflict.
That alright. The dates are not set but I'll definitely plan around those dates, your attendance is necessary.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okay, here's the latest.
Seems that my wife is suffering from the "blink syndrome". One minute bikes and a spodefest are all cool, "BLINK", the Devil is behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:debil:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
BSWIFT said:
Okay, here's the latest.
Seems that my wife is suffering from the "blink syndrome". One minute bikes and a spodefest are all cool, "BLINK", the Devil is behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:debil:
Are we going to have to call in a priest?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
KelvinKDX said:
Are we going to have to call in a priest?
As long as he is a divorce lawyer as well. :yikes:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Here's the deal. My wife has gotten really wishy-washy and I'm really afraid that she'll freak out at the last minute. I'm not the kind to make all the arrangements and then have to pull the plug at the last minute. I guess there are alternatives but being a fugitive doesn't sit real well with me.;) There is a possibility that I will get out of off roading entirely but it is not carved in stone.
I may be looking at unloading a street cruiser as well but then again, not set in stone. To say the least, I'm not happy with this turn of events. This has happened before and I'm really tired of it coming up and then being reversed in a day or two. I feel I'm going to just have to bury myself in my work and avoid things that actually make me happy and unhappy.
I'm really sorry about this situation. The logistics were coming together and I really felt that I could pull off a good Spodefest but at this point, it's just a pipe dream and the cutting tourch is burning.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
srellis said:
:ugg:
What if we just show up??? ;)
I won't turn you away.:cool:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
"sell" all of your cool toys to friends for a low ball price, "spend" all your cash, investments, including retirement... then find the priest/divorce lawyer...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i noticed i hadn't seen anything about your spodesfest lately. i guess somehow i missed this post. any good news?

BSWIFT said:
Here's the deal. My wife has gotten really wishy-washy and I'm really afraid that she'll freak out at the last minute. I'm not the kind to make all the arrangements and then have to pull the plug at the last minute. I guess there are alternatives but being a fugitive doesn't sit real well with me.;) There is a possibility that I will get out of off roading entirely but it is not carved in stone.
I may be looking at unloading a street cruiser as well but then again, not set in stone. To say the least, I'm not happy with this turn of events. This has happened before and I'm really tired of it coming up and then being reversed in a day or two. I feel I'm going to just have to bury myself in my work and avoid things that actually make me happy and unhappy.
I'm really sorry about this situation. The logistics were coming together and I really felt that I could pull off a good Spodefest but at this point, it's just a pipe dream and the cutting tourch is burning.

Top Bottom