Spooge from pipe to case junction

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
Hi all. I've got a 99 220R with the FMF Gnarly Torque pipe.

After my last ride I noticed I blew some spooge out the front of the junction between the case (head? cylinder?) and the pipe. I checked it out to see if I could tighten it and it's only held on by 2 springs. Is there a gasket in there or something that I could just replace?

I know that jetting would solve all my problems and probably make more attractive to the ladies, too. That's in my plans, but I am not even sure which part is the carburetor, much less how to spell it. It seems foolish for me to tear into it with so little knowledge during riding season until I at least have a shop manual.

So, jetting aside... how do I fix this?

Thanks all! :thumb:

-Dawg

:flame:

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Look for the air screw on the side of the carburetor. Turning it 1/4 turn CCW will lean out the idle mixture a tad which may be enough to cure the spooge problem. (too lean an idle mixture will be noticed by being really weak engine power when you first start it on a warm day)

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Use two screw clamps! You understand that jetting is the problem, but screw clamps will divert the mess out the tail pipe.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
John Harris said:
Use two screw clamps! You understand that jetting is the problem, but screw clamps will divert the mess out the tail pipe.
I too thought he meant the silencer to pipe junction. We were wrong its the case to pipe junction.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Hmmm.... never had a Gasket on any KDX I've had! Only the O-rings. Silicone should do the trick though.... just make sure you let it cure before blasting through the woods!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
rethnal said:
Hmmm.... never had a Gasket on any KDX I've had! Only the O-rings.
Next time you pull your pipe off, have a look inside the cylinder. There should be a copper (I think) ring (gasket). It could be too dirty to see. I didn't think mine was there but it is.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…