SPOOGE!!!! Go Away....Please help

DevilYZ250

Sep 10, 2004
I have a 2004 YZ250, having lots of spooge, after about an hour ride I will have spooge running all the way down the silencer, tried to re-jet still had spooge, oh and I have an FMF Fatty pipe on there, anyone know any good adjustments to counter this spooge problem?? Fuel is 40:1 Motul 800 2T oil.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Check the carb float level. If all else is in order and you are using a quality fuel mix, you may need to jet leaner. Have you leaned the low speed carb circuit?

JayP0629

Mar 11, 2005
i had a spoog problem with my 02 YZ250 ... i bought a ratio right cup and the YamaLube 2 stroke racing oil.... some oils will do that if u dont run the engine hard... i dont run mine hard and i never get spoog using that oil..

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Certain oils (and ratios) spooge more than others. I used to have spooge problems until I switched to MAXIMA Super M and changed my ratio to 32:1.

Give it a shot and I'm sure you will like the results.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I've had terrible spooging with Motul 800 on 2 different bikes. I never use that stuff. Its super thick and requires different jetting on some bikes.

WillyM

May 18, 2004
Ok I am going to waste time typing this,but use amsoil 100:to 1 it is under $4.00 a bottle ,and you will not have any spooge and you will gain HP. You can put your finger in my pipe,and it is dry. the only thing you will get on your finger is a verry slight black-grey powdery film.
I have used the stuff for more than 13 years and since I have had it I have not had an engine failure and I have raced mx for 12 years.
here is a link https://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/atp.aspx
I mix it at 80:to 1 because I have a 5gal can and that is one 8oz.bottle
to 5 gal if you want 100:to1 add 1 gallon.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
No offense but I'll never run 100:1 or even 80:1 in my MX bike. I've seen way too many people who have had excessive wear at 50:1.

How will you gain HP? It is usually the other way around. More oil=more HP due to increased ring seal.

Dirt Dad

Mar 30, 2005
I also race a 2004 yz 250 and use Maxima Super M mixed at 40:1 and have absolutely no spooge problems. Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of Maxima and you will be hooked.

WillyM

May 18, 2004
Studboy said:
No offense but I'll never run 100:1 or even 80:1 in my MX bike. I've seen way too many people who have had excessive wear at 50:1.

How will you gain HP? It is usually the other way around. More oil=more HP due to increased ring seal.

I said I would never run 100:1 13 years ago ,but my engine builder told me that if I ran Amsoil , and had an engine failure due to oil he would buy me a brand new engine. I raced the full season on that engine .
My engine builder got a local Amsoil Rep. to sponsor me on the next season, He came to the shop to talk about the next season and I was tearing down the engine for a topend, he said that if I did not do a new topend for the next season he would give me a $5,000.00 cash bonus
that topend lasted a full 2 seasons ,and play riding/practice on the week days.
You ask how I gain HP it is like running 20:1 because its super concentrated.
Try this stuff it made a believer out of me.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Any oil mix at any ratio will spooge if the carb isn't jetted right. Get the jetting right at 32:1 and the spooge will go away.

Another thing, if the bike spooged real bad and then you fix the jetting it may still spooge. All of that crap doesn't all come out of the pipe and even though it may be jetted right, the extra spooge in the pipe will continue to blow out. Do yourself a favor and take off the pipe an drain out the spooge and rinse it with some kind of solvent. I chased a spooge problem for a while until I drained the pipe.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Spooge is the result of you being to rich on the air screw...turn it all the way in...you can literally see the oil coating your fender...turn it out until this stops happening. On my '03 yz I was too lean and turned it in. In 30 seconds you could see my rear fender covered in oil. I ended up about 1.25 turns out. Runs great, no detonation and zero spooge.

Mark

binthedirtnow

Mar 29, 2005
I have been reading this thread and the jetting threads because I am a little confused about how much oil I should run and jetting accordingly to prevent too much oil or "spooge" out of my exhaust tip. I have a 2002 kx 125 and I have the spooge problem also. :bang: I'd love to stop it from happening if I can because I am certain it will force me to repack my silencer more often than I should!! Another issue that some say seems to effect spooge is the motor running hot enough to burn off the excess oil(?) I saw this mentioned in another thread. So how should I approach all these variables?

I am using redline allsport full synthetic oil and it says it's good for ratios between 16:1 and 100:1. Should I use a non-synthetic that will burn off instead? I would really like to use the synthetic for the extra protection.
Thanks in advance for your detailed explanations Guys.
B.

WillyM

May 18, 2004
I mixed it a 100:1 when he said he would buy me a new engine but after that I mixed it at 80:1 just because it was easier to mix 1 bottle to 5gal. of fuel.

Top Bottom