Motofrenzy

Jun 18, 2001
I just had my suspension revalved on my 01 yz426f. I race MX at Perris race way and LACR in So Cal (Vet Nov.). I weigh in at 250lbs fully geared. The revalve improved cornering and power delivery in the rough stuff but the bike seems to be squatting between close jumps. I videotaped my last race and it seems like the rising rate is interfering with the delivery of power on the face of the next obstacle. Its hard to feel the bike actually bottoming out with yamahas new bumpers and I love the over all feel of the suspension (I would be disapointed if the ride became harsh). My suspension guy swears I dont need heavier springs and I want to trust him but please let me know what you all think.

Paul:confused:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its possible you have too much rebound damping so causing the bike to sink lower into the travel on consecutive bumps.Try reducing rebound by a couple of clicks each end and see if it improves.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Well at 250 lbs. I would surely recommend stiffer springs frt. & rear. Done right they will hold the bike up in the stroke better and give you more usable travel thus still making it feel plush.

doc

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Motofrenzy I go two-fiddy geared up also. I run .50kg/mm in front and 5.8 kg/mm out back with great success. Jer at MX tech helped me out with some different valving suggestions and I couldn't be happier. I am a Vet Expert[when I feel like it] and ride a lot of technical tracks with rythm sections such as you describe. Hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom