motorhead434

May 28, 2003
you have two options-buy trellborg studded tires or find sand,roselawn,in. is sandy but I dont know if you can ride there ? We ride keithsberg,il. weather permiting.Which it has not been lately(alot of ice fishing though)maybe 3 hours from you??they have a hare scrambles 2-29 which is ALWAYS good wintertime fun!(319)-754-7308.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I'm new to this area myself, and also curious as to the trail riding situation up here....Not from too far though. Moved up to NW burbs from Decatur. I rode down there a couple weeks ago before the snow. I'll ride on a couple inches, but it's a little deep now. I'm going to miss my local riding area/club in Oakley. Nice grounds, usually decilate, and 10 mins from my garage..... :(

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
40th anniversary harescramble keithsburg'IL

flyer says 2hr. race-quads at 10:30 bikes at 1:00pm $5.00 gate $20.00 race sign-in begins@9:00am more info call dennis@(319)754-7308.should be alot of fun i'm gettin armpump just typin this.hopefully weatherman guessed right and well get to ride there this weekend.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
not sure where you live, but it doesnt sound too far from Attica Indiana. There is a park there called the Badlands. It is all sand about 700 acres with about 200 wooded. It is pretty close to my house, but we only go there in early spring or late fall when it is too wet here. It is not the best around by no means but you can get in some riding when it is a swamp around here. Cost $15 a day and is open everyday all year!

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Yeah, I've heard the badlands are pretty cool...I know some guys that have sand drag quads...I think mapquest is misleading me. How close is it to Kankakee? BTW, will probably be racing a dirt Kart in Kankakee a few times this year....

Munch, thx for that link!! While that race is pretty darn close to the one previously mentioned in this thread, it is definitely nice to see all those spots. The quad cities is probably 2hrs from here....Not too bad. Who knows where I'll go on the 29th!

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
fuzzy,

Keithsburg is another good hour southwest of the QC's. About 20 miles north east of Burlington IA.

I'm between Rock Island and Muscatine on the IL side and its about 45min. for me.

Prophetstown is mostly sand, will probably have some tight single track with some pretty fast sections mixed in.

Hopefully we'll see you somewhere!

Munch

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
I believe they have a 1 day rider cost of around $10,plus race fees and parking, no need for a full membership of $30. UORRA puts on some pretty fun and challenging races,including the Moose Run.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I ride at Badlands usually about twice a year. It takes me about three and a half hours from Joliet to get there. It is pretty fun but can get VERY crowded.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Munch,

Cool, didn't pay much attention to the scale on the ole map! Phophetstown is defintely closer--I'd guess a couple hrs....

My bikes really still needs to see it winter makeover, but I don't think I'll be touching it before then--I'll just ride.

Does that place offer regular weekend riding? What about any of the other places on the OURRA circuit? Ottowa is pretty close....

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
fuzzy,
I don't think that there is open riding at these locations, most are farmers land in the Morrison area, I did see that there is one HS in Ottawa this year, Buffalo Range? I don't know.

If you decide to go to Prophetstown look me up either #437 or #303 on a KTM 200 SX.

Munch

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Fuzzy,

thought I read in one of your posts that you are new to the area (Bartlett?). I live in Bartlett and have another friend in Bartlett that we like to get out about once a month - weather/family time permitting. We generally go to Buffalo Range or Fox Valley off-road (both in Ottawa). About 90 minute drive. We are in the 30 & 40 something age range and are just average & experienced trail riders. Let me know if you are interested in knowing more.

duner400ex

Sep 6, 2002
I live in Manteno right next to Kankakee and me and my dad and friends used to ride the badlands all the time last year then on the way home we got into a really bad accident right next to boswell, Indiana the person almost killed my dad and totalled everything we had. If you go on a weekday like we did the first time there you will have the whole park to yourself. There was only 3 other people in the park the first time there. It was the best riding experience i had ever had.

Top Bottom