Sprockets and chain

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Hey everyone, its been a while since I have posted here. I got into a new sport ( skydiving ) and I havent ridden in a LONG while. Now that spring is upon us, I am going thru my bike and doing a top end and drivetrain.

My question is, what sprocket and chain set do you find works well for the woods kind of riding that we do. I am thinking about the renthal set with a DID 520 o-ring, but I still havent made up my mind. I plan on staying with the same number of teeth until you can convince me otherwise. Thanks in advance.

Brad

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I would stay with the same number of teeth if that gearing suits your riding style & skill. I would look into a steel sprocket also.... As for the chain I beleive an X ring chain works best for the woods. I think they last longer than the O ring chains which are more suitable for the track, but I would ask jaybird about this subject. He's the man when it comes to chain & sprockets!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…