St. Joe State Park (MO) April 13th/14th ?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Wish it wasn't so far for me to drive. I've been wanting to check that place out for quite some time now. :(

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
GnarlyKaw or DHoward

Does St. Joe they really close at 5:00 pm ? No camping or anything? Have you ever been to Finger Lakes or Chadwick? Come on locals, somebody show the new kids around :(

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hi TTrguy,

Wish i could go with you guys, but you know where I live. :debil:

When you guys scout out the area good, why dont you set up a ride at the best spot. I can make it for sure, and I can probably talk somebody into going with me.
Glad to see you guys made it save and sound.

later
mxbundy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Bundy,

You know I will be checking out ALL the riding areas that are within 3-4 hours of here and I'll try to report back on all of our first rides at the different spots. It will probably be a little while but I am going to try to hook up with Timr and a few others somewhere in between here and there (alabama). Timr knows of some great places and you too would get along great (on & off the trail). Good to here from you. As soon as the Kiwi is mended up, you HAVE to hook up with that gang again.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Chadwick is supposed to be GREAT! There was a couple of XDB spodefests there recently. Go over the extremedirtbike.com and post a ride request there. There's about 6 guys in MO who ride around that area all the time.

I was supposed to have ridden at Chadwick with the XDB guys on the weekend before DW01. I had to bail because of work. I still want to get out to Chadwick sometime, so let me know how it is. From looking at the map, it looks like about 7 hours from here.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
If you want to know about Finger Lakes or Chadwick, check out our personal website called The Good Guys at www.kcrider.com.

If I had my choice, I would go to Chadwick over Finger Lakes. Finger Lakes stays muddy for at least a month after it rains. yes, they do have a mx track, but it is in horrible condition as they don't maintain it until a couple of days before a race. Also Finger Lakes is probably one of the most dangerous riding areas in Missouri. A lot of the trails will lead to 100' dropoff into the lake. I'll warn you, if you go to Finger Lakes, don't climb up hill until you see what's on the other side as it might just launch you into the lake.

Last two times I have been there. The ambulance showed up about 10 times in 8 hours to haul people off to the hospital.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Give me a holler anytime your interested in going to Chadwick or leave a post at X-DB and you will have a swarm of guys ready to go riding with you from Missouri/Kansas.

kawiman

Jan 25, 2001
I would allow four hours to get to Chadwick from St.Louis. I live 30 min. from there. I would meet up, but I have some torn cartalige in my knee at the moment. I cant see the surgeon untill may. All the camp grounds are open, and there are some with electric, no water hook ups, but there is running water. The place is great, my dad was riding there in the seventy's

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
TTRGUY,

Consider Lincoln Trails (past home of Dirtweek) in Casey, IL - probably about 3-4 hours for you. If you are not familiar - there is a web site (do a search on Lincoln Trails). Also check out Dirtweek posts. Good trails and great MOTO.

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
After riding most other places in MO and KS.,CHADWICK rules!! Long marked trails,big hills,a few rocks.In reality,it has rock everywhere which makes ridin after driving down in a rain storm even better.Perry Lake,Deepwater,Fingerlakes are all fun,but Chadwick is in a league all its own.

Top Bottom