St.Williams and Turkey Point, Ontario closing!

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
If you have ever ridden in these 2 areas before and want to keep them open click on this link www.oftr.org and read about how the "greenies" want to kick us out. Please send a letter to the MNR stating that you want them to keep the land as multi-use in the future. For those who come up and ride the Beagle Bash Enduro from the US, please also send an email to the MNR pleading with them to keep these sites open. Without these 2 areas, the enduro and trail ride is in jeopardy of dieing.

Thanks!
Scott

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Why do the greens always find a way of wrecking a good thing. The Point is a awsome place in the spring and fall. I have had some great rides with the riders in Canada.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
thats stupid, we have few enough riding places around here as it is...
this year i was planning on riding there, i have heard nothing but good things from people who ride there. ill let everyone i know that rides also.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Ya they seem to keep tightening the screws on us every year.
The reality of it is the trails will slowly grow over and no one will be able to use it. We are going to have to put up fight and not let these "GREENIES" win, or they will keep on doing it. I belive in preserving our environment, but this is going too far.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I think what ever happens here will set a precident for the future in Ontario. If the greenies can get St Williams and Turkey Point shut down, I guarantee that they will be eyeing up other areas like the Ganaraska Forest to get shut down next.

This is very serious!! Write your letters!! You dont even have to tell them that you are a biker. In fact, I think it is better not to even mention that you are. Just tell them that you want the area kept open as multi-use area. The greenies want everyone out from the horse back riders to the mountain bikers as well. Not just the off-roaders.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Wonder why the greens want all this land and no one to use it...Few months ago I read an article in the newspaper stating that in the US
More POT was grown on Federal land that was being smuggled in...
This thought came across my mind....Is this why the green spend millions on closing down areas to the citizens of the country? So thay can grow POT?
I'm counting on it failing...I like the Point.

QUOTE]Originally posted by scottyr
I think what ever happens here will set a precident for the future in Ontario. If the greenies can get St Williams and Turkey Point shut down, I guarantee that they will be eyeing up other areas like the Ganaraska Forest to get shut down next.

This is very serious!! Write your letters!! You dont even have to tell them that you are a biker. In fact, I think it is better not to even mention that you are. Just tell them that you want the area kept open as multi-use area. The greenies want everyone out from the horse back riders to the mountain bikers as well. Not just the off-roaders.
[/QUOTE]

sam100

Nov 7, 2007
i have not riddin there yet and if they close it down this country for riddin stinks but i'm going to ride it this weekend please tall me every thing you know about it and how to get their. I'm coming from St.Thomas Ont Canada . Thank you EH

Top Bottom