Starting and running problems.....need help!!!

KDXOZZY

Feb 22, 2001
Hi Guys,

Well I will get right to the problem. I have installed a new pipe(gnarly tourq) and silencer on my 2000 KDX220. I have changed the jets( 145 and 42) like suggested, adjusted the airscrew(1&half turns), airbox mods and adjusted the needle clip to second from the top position. The bike has difficulty starting and when it does get started it only runs for 2 to 3 min. I have played with the floats a little, but not knowing excactly what I was doing, I left it alone. My altitude is 900 ft and temp today approx 10 cell. If anyone has the answers needed I am riding next weekend for the first time this year and would love to have it running good.

Thanks
KDXOZZY

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
A 42 and 1.5 turns out sounds real lean for that elevation and temp.

What criteria do you use to set your air screw?

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Runs for 2 to 3 min's then dies? is your tank vent plugged?

------------------
Sage Wilkinson, KDX Link 1

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Your jetting is too lean for the temperatures you're running in and the bike isn't getting enough fuel to start. To be safe I'd go with a 148 main and either richen the air screw or go with a 45 pilot for now. Once things warm up you'll want to go back to your present jetting.

Install a BR7ES plug, the BR8ES is much too cool for the temps we see in Alberta.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

KDXOZZY

Feb 22, 2001
Well guy's this site rock's,

Befor I found this site I could barely change the oil, now I understand a little more about my fuel system, electronics and all. The solution to the problem was I was not gettin enough gas, my filters were blocked. I have taken Dave's advice and re-jetted for now, and the bike rips, I will re-jet when it warms up a little. Dave we will be riding in the Edmonton/Redwater area this weekend be great if u could join us.

Thanks for all the help eveyone,

KDXOZZY
(Chad)

------------------

Top Bottom