atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
I have an 01 rm 125, it runs perfect ive only had it for under 2 months, and it has been a pain to start lately, it would take a billion kicks to start and wait and now its not starting at all, i checked the spark plug it looked like there wus oil all around the top not shure why thats there, but it looked almost the same as my friends 02 kx 100 and crf 150, so if its not my spark plug thats the problem i really dont know, please leave some feedback thanks.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
yeh i had mine in my yz for 8 months.
But does it feel like its got low compression ie. kicks down very easily and will start after a number of kicks?
If so, your probably up for a rebuild. They are easy and with an owners manual a do it yourself job. Ive done 2 over the last month, me and my mates.

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
I just got a new plug today, and still no luck theres nothing, it feels like theres no gus going, theres nothing comming out of the exhaust or anything. Me and my dad think the carb might me clauged up, i really dont know please leave feedback thanks.

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
i dont know, i got it running i just took like four drops of gas and put it in the top of the cylinder head, and that made it fire up but then out in the bush it would just die. the new spark plugs work but then after a while of riding my bike would just die and it wouldent start, i have been told rev the hell out of it for a bit, so i did that i made my bike run for the day but then the next day i was just taking it easy and it died again and i had to put in another spark plug to get home, i really dont know i dont want to pay the big $$ to get it fixed so i would die for an anwser thanks.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If your air filter is clean,and have stock jets,and a clean carb,then I would suspect the right crank seal,ignition retarded,or a coolant leak. You need,manual,compression gauge,and a leak down kit.

dirtdog69

Jul 2, 2007
You said there was oil on the plug..as in the bottom of plug? Warm the bike up, run it at wide open throttle, pull the clutch in and hit the kill switch. Then pull the plug and see what it looks like. Should be tan..bout the color of cardboard.

Top Bottom