ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i'm going to be putting a new stator coil on my kdx 200 tonight, the old one is not from an 87, whoever had it before put something else on it, i purchased a new stator spec. for my bike. my question is, how bad can i screw something up, is there a chance of burning my cdi box up, if i wire it wrong, or the stator for that matter? any knowledge whould be tremendously appreciated !!

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
if your bike is kinda old, i'd spray some liquid wrench on your stator screws to loosen them up so you wont twist the heads off if they are corroded or too tight, and use the right size screw driver, you may want to have an impact driver handy also. let the lube sit a while on the screws also before you turn them....

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
okay, thanks, but i already had it off, i am more concerned with the incorrect wiring of it

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
Yes i think that if a stator is wired up wrong you can burn out the cdi box. The stator itself would probably be o.k. beacause its just a lot of wire in a coil shape, but the cdi contains electronic components that can get stuffed. You should be able to get a wirring diagram easily enough though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom