Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I took off my flywheel and stator to replace my crank seal and saw that my stator, or whatever the thing it called, is worn(look at pics below) because of the flywheel(pic below). I assume that the flywheel is fine, its worn alittle at tip down to base but probably doesnt matter. The stator thing however, is worn alot. The one arrow points to the strip that is at correct height, the other arrow points to where its worn down, and the line indicates where strip goes to. From the second pic you can see that it is worn down to metal stuff. The strip that is at correct height has little clearance between it and the thing on flywheel, the worn part however has like a millimeter or so.

So does anyone think this needs to be replaced, if so, can you just replace the little electronic thingy, not the whole stator? The reason I'm bringing this up is because my bike hates to NOT foul a plug, jetting has been messed around with alot and I've had to move down to '8' heat range ngk plug to not foul plug everyride, but it still fouls everyonce in awhile. I'm gonna try to see if I can find a Sunoco with 98 octane gas or so, that might help me out.
Thanks alot.
Jim

Attachments

• stator.jpg
    stator.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 131

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
How did it get worn out? Was it adjusted wrong? Did it come loose or is the main bearing loose and letting the flywheel move around?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I dont like the way the flywheel looks either. what's it hitting and why? is the end of the crank bent? worn bearings as previously stated. I would find out that problem and fix it before you do the pickup coil. Unfortunately it is probably going to involve splitting the cases to fix it

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
My bike came like that, not my fault. Also, the inside of the flywheel is scratched alittle from the stator, only alittle though. I think that the main bearings failed and the guy had them replaced, but not the electronics. There is no movement at all on the crank, up down side side back and forth, none, so I know it was from before I got the bike. For now, i'm probably just gonna be looking at replacing the pick up sensor. When I finally get a job I might replace flywheel, but probably just sell it and buy a newer bike.

Top Bottom