davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I just asked about this not to long ago, if you go back to page 4 you can read the responses. Under Scotts or W.E.R. I just ordered the W.E.R. it should be in any day now.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I use the W.E.R it's cheaper than Scotts but either one is a good choice. It made a noticable improvement in my bikes handling.

I bought the bolt on and was able to line it up with a hole in the frame so no drilling was needed.

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've got a WER on the way! YeeHaw!! (THANKS mrs. canyncarvr!! What a sweetheart!!)

Scotts makes notes of problems when using their unit with isolated (bushed) handlebars (as with the kdx).

Scotts doesn't fit under most straight crossbarred handlebars.

Scotts is expensive!!

The less distance 'tween the point of deflection and the damper, the better. I'd much prefer a WER for that reason alone.

Yeah...the Scotts has more adjustment features (º of damping) and is easily adjustable on the fly. I'll get over it.......;)

Anyone I've talked to that rides with one says they will NEVER ride without one!

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I just got my W.E.R. tonight, will be putting it on this weekend. Looks very simple to install. Bolts right under the fender and a bracket on the frame, with one bolt going through the frame.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Check "my gallery" for pics of installed WER on my KDX and my KTM. I love it.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I have the WER and it is amazing. One of the best add-ons ever for my KDX. Confidence inspiring. Much cheaper than the Scotts and bolts right on.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Hey CC,
Congrats on the damper. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait 'till Christmas for mine. Mrs. ChuckyBoy is not as understanding as Mrs. CC!
Enjoy and please let us know your impressions on the unit.

Thanks,
Chuck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom