Scotts steering damper question.

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
I just bought a used Scott's Damper, it came with out paperwork. I have 2 questions.
1. What are the 2 adjustment knobs. Especially the one on the right. How can you tell the difference in adjustments, because there are no markings on the knob.
2. Was there a special dust cover for the steering collar that came with the damper. If not then what did you do with yours. Mine seems to spin around. Could not keep it clamped down.

1swarty

Nov 29, 2003
when installing the Scotts bolt on bracket you need to make sure it is mounted correctly. I had a hell of a time keeping mine tight until I sanded the paint off the part of the neck where the bracket attaches and used Locktite "RED" to secure it. I also had to trim the bracket a bit as it was bottoming before getting completely tight. I run 7 clicks out on the big adjuster with the pointer and may click up 1-2 additional towards the end of an enduro. The other adjustments are on the side, they allow you to have a undampened spot a dead center fo better balance, I cannged mine but liked the factory setting better.
Swarty

Top Bottom