moabdaze

Aug 12, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone know of a manufacturer other than Universal that makes steering stems. The problem I am having is with a 95 CR250. The stem is trashed and went to order one thru Honda only to find it's an assembly(stem and lower clamps) for $420.00. Not going to pay that!!
I spoke with Universal who said they could cut one for me but it would be at least a month because they're cutting all their 05 stuff. Needless to say, I don't want to wait that long. Especially since we're running out of season here.
I have tried every aftermaket manufacturer I can think of. All the bigs, Emig,pro-taper,applied, universal, tag, brp, scott, and so on.
Also, if anyone has an old lower assemble that's tight and straight I would be interested in purchasing.
Thank you very much in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Dave

moabdaze

Aug 12, 2004
I've been looking on **** for about a month now and still haven't found one. In regards to what happened: My buddy I bought it from augered it into the face of a double and among other damage loosened the stem.
I had a trusted mechanic try spot welding it today and he did get it tight, but crooked as a dogs hind leg. 1/16" side slant and 3/16" forward slant. anyhow, it's not going to work and will probably have to be replaced.
Anyway, I am still looking if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm surprized that Emig Racing couldn't help you. I got one from them but it was for a newer bike. Did you actualy call them and ask or just check their web site? They have great service.

Top Bottom