Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Ok, so he got a big goose-egg in points. That means either retire his number 6, or get a 250F and ride again !

What about McGrath? Is his number 2 done?

And LaRocco? 5 is gone, right?

Who will inherit / earn what numbers? Can JBS trade number 7 for 2 (and the 1's he'll earn) ?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Those are the rules.. AMA doesn't typically retire numbers. Even RC's 4 is only going to be out of commission until 2011.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I think that retiring number 4 is lame, make ricky run a race each year like everyone else, it's not like he couldn't earn enough points to keep it til 2011 if he wanted to, I'm sure he will still be fast enough to earn at least a point for awhile

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
I think he was 36th Overall... but, I'll tell ya, he looked a lot faster than that. The guy showed so much grit on his rule-booked-to-obsolescence CR125R. I think they should give him a point just for getting out there on a 2stroke and mixing it up.

Personally, it was GREAT to get the chance to see a guy of his caliber out there on a 125 for one last time.

Also, it was VERY interesting to see the major difference in styles it takes to go fast between a 250f and a 125. It really is a shame the geniuses at the AMA did away w/ the 125 since they are so fun to watch when a talented guy is truely wringing one out.

One section in particular I was watching, the track headed up the hill into the big bowl turn which has a downhill double at the exit. Some of the slower guys at the back of the 250F pack could just chug it up the hill at a decent clip (way off the pace though) then just fart it once and get up over the double going down. Lammy had NO CHOICE but to keep that CR screaming as he ascended the hill, would pitch it sideways still on the pipe, and pin it back down the hill to launch the double and clear it. It looked as though it took so much more skill to keep that 125 going... not a lazy mans bike for sure... Damn, I am gonna miss those bikes...

THANKS LAMMY FOR ONE LAST INDULGENCE!!!

ksmx44

Sep 26, 2005
XRpredator said:
:blah: boo freakin' hoo. :(

welcome to the future.

Great technology, it takes double the displacement to out perform 30 year old 2-stroke technology.

Let's see how everyone would have done riding 125cc 4-Strokes............

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
stir-scraps-in-pot-web.jpg

cavy986

Apr 1, 2005
I remember watchin' Barnett,Ward,O'Mara,Lechien,Dymond,Holland,Schmitt and others just crankin' at Red Bud on 125's.Nothin' sounded better than a 2 stroke WFO .Gonna to miss that.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
XRpredator said:
:blah: boo freakin' hoo. :(

welcome to the future.

The future is lazy guys at the back of the pack collecting a pay check... sounds great... about as good as a 4-stroke farting off the rev limiter.

Hey, here's a 4 stroke future for ya... how about everyone races XRs? The track could be lined w/ cans of Bud Light and there could be pit stops where the racers could litter the area w/ spent shotgun shells and aforementioned Bud Light cans (emptied by them of course), blare music out of their 4x4s and argue over who was faster (or who left more litter or who's bike is louder, thus "badder"). Oh, and don't worry, there won't be any doubles... or a whoop section... or any obstacles for that matter, the "track" will just be a fire road so they can all feel fast on their BIG, BAD 600s. Sounds exciting don't it?

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
cavy986 said:
I remember watchin' Barnett,Ward,O'Mara,Lechien,Dymond,Holland,Schmitt and others just crankin' at Red Bud on 125's.Nothin' sounded better than a 2 stroke WFO .Gonna to miss that.
Come over to where we still have racing, with the 144`s starting to outrun everything a movement is getting started where the teams are able to field more riders on a lower budget and boost sponser exposure with the 2 strokes. A new sub-class was added this year in the EM open class and 125 class for the 2 strokes and the entries are growing each race, they are still racing over here.... :cool:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
hellbertos said:
One section in particular I was watching...
Thanks for the description. I wish I could have seen it.

I love to hear someone else ride a 2 stroke, but I've tried it a couple times since switching to the lazy man's bike and I just don't have the skill to make a 2 stroke go fast. (not that I can make a 4 stroke go fast, either)

Top Bottom