KDXkid

Nov 10, 1999
Does anyone know whats the deal with Lammy? I thought he was going to ride the entire 125 nationals, and I thought he would do pretty well in them, but I saw he didn't do too good at glen helen, then he kinda disappeared. I haven't seen anything about him in any mags or web pages.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
He has been finishing well down in the results, like in the 20's and 30's in motos. He's been getting caught up in lots of crashes and is having some injury problems. I think he still has another year to win on the Husky though.

Aug 6, 2000
I saw that crash 3 or 4 bike rode over him not to mention the pile up was right on top of him. He had to have broken at least 2 or 3 ribs from that crash not to mention other injuries.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I wish I had his washed up skills. He is racing Mammoth this weekend I believe to help get himslef back into shape. He did finsih 5th last year in the 125 Nats. Steve still has it, he just also has no luck.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Lets see - last year Lammy took 3rd overall at Red Bud - hopefully he'll get back on track this weekend... Although you have to consider that the 125 competition is a little tougher this year - you lost Ron Ron - but now you have guys like Mike Brown, Bobby Bonds, and Langston to deal with. :think

osheen - I wouldn't consider a 29 year old guy (30 now) who finished 5th overall in the 125 class last year, was LEADING in points after 4 of 12 rounds, and was in 2nd in points after 6 of 12 rounds IN FRONT of the 2000 outdoor 125 champ (Pastrana) washed up!! Not to mention that Lamson was "kinda" a privateer - riding a DGY, Works Connection, Troy Lee Designs Honda (not under the big tents of American Suzuki, Yamaha of Troy, Splitfire, and FMF Honda like some other guys). I bet you think Larry Ward needs to ride the vet class, too? (31 year old Ward went 2/2 last race at Budds Creek and is in 5th in points riding a Moto XXX/DGY YZ250F).

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
OK, I didn't mean to blast Steve so bad. He has had some bad luck lately. I wouldn't really count him as any threat to win though. Although he has the ability to surprise me (us). In fact I would like to see him throw a wrench in the points for the other riders. I too would like to have his washed up skills. And yes, if it wasn't for everyone like Steve or younger guys that just aren't quite up to front runner speed, there would only be 3 guys out there.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I think Lammy got sucked into this "fast by Ferracci" thing and has gotten in over his head. He has been working heads up with Ferracci and the factory beefing the forks up, tuning the motor, etc. As evidence of the ridiculousness of this affair, speedvision had a thing on him and Ferracci before the Nationals and Steve said something like: "my forks are NOW almost where the Honda's were last year". I think it's been a hell of a struggle for him to make his bike work right, and it's been too much pressure. Ferracci went as far as predicting a 125 National title!!! (and NOT "someday"). Surprisingly, the speedvision narrator was stoked and felt that if Ferracci said it, it WILL be, primariily because of his tremendous success in roadracing. My immediate thought was the ONLY two things Husky dirtbikes and Ducati road racers have in common is 2 wheels. :silly:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I think that part of the reason Husky wanted Lammy was to help them develop the bike and make it more competitive. Before he signed on with Husky he was going to be Honda's pick to help develop the CRF450. Did you see the article in Dirt Rider mag. where they tested Lamson's bike? Its obvious that they(Husqvarna) are very serious about winning and will do what it takes to get there with all the money they've poured into that bike. I hope they're succesful at rebuilding the Husky legacy and getting the bikes to run up there with the big five. The more good bikes are out there the better off we, the consumer, are.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Prior to his injury, Lamson was showing some excellent speed, but bad luck really hurt him at Hangtown and Glen Helen. If not for the serious injury, I think he would be consistent top 10 with the occasional top 5. Unfortunately for Lamson and Husky, older guys just don't heal as fast as teenagers. I'd love to see him earn a podium spot before the end of the season.

Top Bottom