Stolen Bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
people who steal bikes should be beatin to death!!!, ok i'm not sure were i should post this but here goes

i had my ford taurus wagon 1996 with an open trailor and a 2002 cr 125 stolen from me on april 16th!!! it was stolen at the town and country inn in keyport NJ
:ugg:
i called the cops they found the car and trailor 40 mins away in irvington NJ with out the bike

this is the worth thing that has ever happend to me, i just got the suspention revavlved and 800 bucks in motor work done all preped for the upcoming season. I will have to work all summer just to save money for a new one

I'm pretty sure the bike will never be recoverd, please just keep a look put for a 2002 cr 125 red shrounds no graghics # 303 black back round black rear fender c cycle suspention stickers

i was in nj for a family party and i was going to raceway park nj for pracing in englishtown nj, which sadly never happened, i just need advise on how to lock the bike down so that my new bike when i save money for will also not be stolen, enclosed trailor (without the cool stickers that scream steal me) huge chains?? any ideas???

i will get the vin # out soon thanks for all your help
Andrew Puco
my email is dirtbikr99@aol.com

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That sucks. Good luck on getting your bike back. A guy I know found his after a year.

We transport our bikes right now on a 3 rail motorcycle trailer. We use a 15' coil lock and loop it through the frames and rear tires and through the trailer. After all of that is looped down we lock it up w/ a HUGE master lock. Picked everything up at wal-mart. The Master lock is in hardware and the coil lock is in automotive.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Call around to all the local shops within a good maybe 50 mile radius and tell them the make/model/year/VIN of the bike in case who ever has it tries to get parts. Also go to the local knwon trails and any riding clubs and have people keep a look out. The bike will be worthless to whoever stole if they cant ride it or get parts for it, and you never know, it might just turn up. Keep an optimistic frame of mind and both eyes wide open. It sucks when people have to stoop that low. My greastest luck goes out to you in hopes you get it back in decent shape. I know how it feels to work so hard for something and end up getting slammed.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Also, Check with the auto insurance. I think they may cover it since it was hooked to your car. I know they won't eat the suspension mods or anything, but they might be able to give you fair market on the bike.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Danman said:
Also, Check with the auto insurance. I think they may cover it since it was hooked to your car. I know they won't eat the suspension mods or anything, but they might be able to give you fair market on the bike.

i doubt that your auto insurance will cover it - basically anything with a motor that you can ride must have its own insurance. only exception is that my tractor is covered under homeowner's insurance - but a motorcycle taken from even the living room will have no coverage. i pay about $75/bike for comprehensive (theft, fire, etc) coverage on each bike. oh, and that includes current depreciated value plus up to $1000 in special mods value.

i keep the bikes chained up even when they are in my garage - slow them down and they may reconsider...

Top Bottom