ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
does anyone know if it is possible to convert a kdx 220 over for street use? a friend of mine is trading in his 01 kx 250 for an 01 kdx and one of the main reasons is to do the conversion to ride on the street. please let me know what is involved, before its to late( wants to trade tomorrow) i know the kdx is a good bike , but is he making a mistake? thanks.

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
The link does not work. Just type in street in the search engine on the website and you will find the off-road to street conversion kit. Stupid links. :)

Kootenaycat

Feb 27, 2002
http://www.bajadesigns.com/Merchant...&Store_Code=BD-Bike-Store&Product_Code=121005
Check out this link. I looked at both this kit and the Rocky Mnt ones (on line) and the Bajadesigns kit looks more complete. A buddy put a Baja lighting kit on his XR400, and it came with everything except the tires to make it as close to legal as you can get!
A little more money, but probably worth it! The only other thing you need to do, is have your lighting coil rewound, and they offer that service too for between $75 and $150 approx.
I was thinking of doing this to my '01 220, but am not sure if I want to run it on the street. And by the time I ride from my house to some of the trails, I would need to top up the tank before starting out! And to fill up at a gas station, you would have to bring oil, and a jerry can to mix it in before dumping it in the tank. I saw a guy put the oil directly in the bikes tank, add fuel, then try to shake it up! It fouled a plug almost immediately from the oil settling in the bottom of the tank!

crashburn36

Mar 25, 2002
Don't quote me on it, i'm not sure about in Canada, but I'm pretty sure 2 strokes were banned for on road use in like the 70's in the United States. So unless your thinking about swaping a 4-stroke in i wouldn't do it. Then again who am i, i'm from the US, so i don't know.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom