john mcdee

Jan 9, 2002
I am seriously doing research for my new 2002 dirt bike, I want to buy a hi-quality 4-strke and have it fitted to ride legally on the Gov`t roads,to the trails and races close to my home. I am 50-years-young now so here is what I`m looking for.----electrric start----light weight-----race in senior class HR & MX and not finish last. The available models like the Suzuki 400=dual sports weigh too much (292) and only have Semi-knob tires, The japaness real dirt bikes dont come with lights turnsignals etc and are titled off-road and hard to convert, where I heard the Euro bikes are titled motorcycles and easier to convert to street legal. I checked into the KTM EXC-400....husqvarna TE-400....Husaberg E400....A conversion kit is less than $500 dollars less than the cost of the Fine????? very convient way to get to work I work construction and practice at lunch. The cost for these bikes out the door legal is $7600. I got a few more months to think and read. I would appreciate any advice or experience Thamks John

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sounds like a KTM400EXC RFS four stroke has your name on it, the bike is Euro spec'd and has the wiring harness for dual sporting, you can even add the OEM parts, get them direct from the KTM dealer, if you live in California then the new green sticker RFS models are a great option.

I had the DRZ-S, great bike, but heavy, I replaced thetyres, fitted a plastic tank, and had the bike set up for off road use, I rode the bike to work everyday. The DRZ is probably the best dual sport ever made.

ammomac

Nov 19, 2001
DRZ"E"

Easy as pie to register through vermont. Land of mail order titles and registration.

Unless of course you have $$ to spare, then go for the KTM, but the 2500 difference buys a lot of gas, gear, and spare parts.

Mac
Omaha
Street Legal DRZ"E"

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom