Feb 25, 2001
Out of the few years I have been riding and racing I have NEVER stretched those muscles before going out on the track. I feel it every time the next day. What are some good stretches and are there any websites that could show pics of this ? I have MAJOR arm pump to the point of were I will feel the arm pump for 1-2 days when not riding. No I dont hold on tight I hold onto the bike with my legs and boots. The clutch is as hard as a rock but its always lubed. So I guess some stretches would help every muscle in my body enjoy the riding and racing more.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I always strech out before I ride, I do this more to help with preventing injuries like pulled muscles. example I crash bike go's one way I go the other and my leg gets caught and streches out. Without streching that would cause the muscle get more sore than without plus it hurts sometimes. The stretches I do are place you feet together lined up legs straight and touch your toes. I also grab my foot pull me leg bending at the knee up to your butt do this with the opposite arm. So your right arm for your left leg if you use the left arm and left leg its not good for your knee's. Thats all I do for my legs for my arms one strech is pull you arm across the top area of your chest with your other arm behind your elbow keep the arm straight this will strech out your shoulders. I also pull my arm behind your head bent at the elbow and pull down on it slightly with the other arm this should strech out your under arm area. I also move my wrists around in circles and my arms in circle smarting small to bigger looping sweeps. I also roll my neck around in circles touch my chin to my chest as I roll down in clockwise and counter clockwise motions do this slowly don't do it fast. Hold each strech at least 10 seconds for it to be effective. You should be nice and loose after these streches it will help a little with the soreness and the arm pump a tiny bit. I took this old trick from david bailey he used to before each race do like 10 push ups to get the blood flowing in his arms to help with arm pump and it does work but its no miracle cure it helps out alittle bit cause your body is more awake especially if you've have not been active for awhile. Your just going to have to build up your arms to help with the arm pump. but this info should help out.

Top Bottom