HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
So now that I'm finally get a little sideways action through the turns, I keep pulling the groin in my left leg. I give it a few days off, it feels better then I ride and seem to reduce it to shreds the last 2 times out.

Can anybody recommend some stretches they do that are good for warming up and improving flexibility?

Thanks.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
Just do a simple sit and reach everyday along with stretching trying to do a split for 10 mins a day. After about a week of doing this you should be more flexable, but keep doint it until you feel comfortable on your bike. Also do these before you ride too.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
You might want to try yoga....I'm not really into the "supreme consiousness" part but it has helped me big time with flexibility and balance. Also, I don't have as much lower back and muscle soreness the day after riding. Plus lots of milfs in the class doesn't hurt.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
You should do pretty much your whole body if your going to do the legs. It only takes a cuple more minutes. First do your arms/shoulders. Then do side bends and half splits, both kinds. (Leg out front and legs to the sides). Then, with your bike on the stand, if you can, put your leg up on the seat and crouch down as far as you can with your one leg. Do a few of these and swich legs. Next, lift one leg and pull on it behind your back. (I find it works better if you hold your right leg with your left hand, and vise-versa) Then sit on the ground and do the sit and reach, try to touch your toes. After that put your feet togeater and push you knees down as far as you can, this really works the groin. This one is hard to explain. Put one leg over the other and rotate your back and put your elbow and arm around your knee/leg and twist, and at the same time try to pull your leg towards your body. If you have your right leg over you left, your should be tuned so your chest if facing right. Finally, if your wearing shoes, put your leg on top of he other and do circles with your ankle, then do it the other way.

Thats about it. If I know Im going for a long ride and its going to be pretty physical, I do all these before I ride.

Top Bottom