evlknevlYZ

Aug 23, 2004
I had an IMS shifter on my 94 yz125 and it stripped out so i grinded away some of the space to squeeze it tighter and blah blah it ended up stripping out my shaft. Does this mean that I have to disassemble my entire motor or would it just slide in and out to replace it? I have been told to just weld it but i dont want to do that because if i ever have to split the cases then it wont be pretty. Any help would be appreciated thanks :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'd get a new one. It comes out the right side of the engine. Take off the clutch cover and you will see where it comes through. You don't have to take the motor out of the bike. Good Luck, YZ165

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
If you are on a budget you could get a 2nd hand one, if you can’t find a YZ one, get anyone that is longer & same diameter. Cut/drill the old one out (after measuring it) & reweld it making sure the weld is not going to obstruct anything. Grind the end to the same measurement as it rubs against the case to stop it moving right.

Chances are the gear lever will damage the good splines if you reuse it.

Get a big Haddock or other suitable local fish & slap the person who said to weld it. Tell him that’s from the next owner of the bike. :thud:

Top Bottom