motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Well, I know I have been silent for a few months, but I finally had my the first ride of the year (that's right the FIRST!) at a track I have never been to before...

Went down to Sunset West with a m-bike training partner that just picked up a '03 YZ250. I rode with some friends of his that he used to race/ride with when he was MX'ing a few years back.

When we got there Jason and Mario (Joe's friends) were already there and putting their gear on, I had some small maintenance to-do's on the CR before I could get on the track. My first impression of the track was, GREAT DIRRRRRT! Loam! My second impression was that it was a lot like Ascot (at Ft Smith), only a bit longer track. The jumps were a lot like Ascot and Hickory Ridge. When I got on the track, I told myself that I was there just to get past the first practice session of the season without getting hurt....but then the competive nature that is inside of me was urging me on to try some of the more difficult obstacles....so I did....no harm to the body except for the granny-knots that my leg muscles are tied into right now, I'm glad keyboards are designed for hands and not feet! :laugh: ....

All in all, it was a good day, almost perfect temperatures....there was a kid on a 250 KTM (#7) that was doing a table to table double that was insane. At first he couldn't do it at out of the corner, he had to get a run at it to clear it, but by the end of the day he was clearing the table to table double coming out of the corner, Jason never attempted the table to table jump....it was spooky just watching this kid on the KTM do it...

(Note: We were heading to Sand Valley in Bartleville that morning, but when Joe called the morning of, the practice session was called off at Sand Valley...don't know why...)

:thumb:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Good report. Glad you made it through the first ride of the year without a scratch! ;) Did you get a chance to ride the YZ your buddy bought?

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Yes, I did ride it....It was nice....damn it's brand new, it better be nice!

I couldn't bring myself to try jumping any of the big obstacles, I kept on thinking, don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...don't wanna buy parts for another guys bike...hahaha...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom