mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
checked out the new track in checotah. it's the same bunch that owns sunset mx in keefeton. the turnout was small despite the excellent weather. there were probably 30 big bikes, four pee wees, two 65's and my daughter kendall was the only 80. the big bikes opted not to race and just run open practice all day. the kids wanted to race so they let them run two motos each. we put kendall in with the 65's and had her race non-trophy (it was only $10 that way). she wasn't interested in getting a trophy. she looked really good on the big wheel 80. i thought she looked right at home on it. she's complaining that it's too high. it's not, she's just used to riding her old 65 which she was six inches too tall for. she claimed that she was about to fall over in every turn. i hope she'll give the bike a chance. it suits her well.

the track looked fun. alot of jumps, mostly tabletops. a couple of them were pretty long ones. there were a few small doubles too. the dirt is excellent. it's a good, loose sandy soil with no dust. lots of roost flying. it should make for some excellent berm-roost pic's. definitely a horsepower track. the track is weird, it's right in the middle of town and alongside I-40. several vehicles were stopped along the shoulder watching. i asked the owner what the townspeople thought of it and he said they were all very supportive, particularly the businesses. he said they checked everything out and got all the "okays" before building and haven't had any complaints. all tracks should be that lucky. if god wanted to relocate heaven to my town, someone would complain and he would get thrown out. :silly:

it was the last race of the season, so bswift will have plenty of time to rebuild his bike before the next race (see bswift's gold rush thread). :p

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Glad to hear the bike ran worked well. Hope it ran well. Was she able to start it ok?I don't figure you can kick it over with your leg. She'll get use to it and love it. It outta have alot more power than the little bike.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
she was able to start it first or second kick every time. :thumb:

Top Bottom