wizard69

May 3, 2001
ok here is my problem I just got a yz 125 and I started jumping I am about 5feet high and 20 far but I am bottoming out my front forks how can I stop this is it bad for them my seals a reaked btu can I still put oil in it to make them stiffer how dou you get air out of your forks I know I need a owners manual but I need stuff more like seals and sprokets and a chain thanx bye:cool:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Post this in the SUSPENSION forum and you will get a meaningful resoponse. The mods will most likely move this. Read the first NoNo on the top of the FAQ. Write with good grammer to understand what you are saying.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
ohhhhh

thanx for the help I tried to write with good gramar but like you didn't know what I was saying I'm sorry man but its people like you in our sport that need to know not every one is a perfect student in school or perfect at typing
and I AM NEW TO THIS GIVE ME A BREAK ok you get it? :p

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Not to get into a moral discussion, but use punctuation too. It is much easier to read this way. I am not trying to be a hassle, but there are some people that will BITE your head off for junk like this.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey wizard, ease up a bit. Kawie was just trying to be helpful, not nail you for you your lack of typing/english skills. It was kinda hard to understand exactly what you were saying. Plus, there are some people who would have given you a little razing for the mistakes and then really jumped on you when you took offense to it. You need to get a little thicker skin if you're gonna hang out here. Everyone here is pretty cool, but sometimes the harassment, while joking, can get a little rough. As for the forks, try cranking up your compression(check your manual if unsure), but you may need to get new springs. It'd help us out if we knew how big you are(or aren't) and more info on the bike(year, any mods, etc.) Finally, just let everything roll off of you a little easier(unless what you said was really bad, then let it sink in before going off).

wizard69

May 3, 2001
sorry

sorry kawie I'm just uptight lately and I have no money but I need stuff
and I am getting bad marks in school and I can't get any help from any out sorry for taking an thing wrong, later:cool:

mg_racing

May 16, 2001
Hey Wizrd69....

Just last week I had the same problem with my YZ125. My front end was bottoming out to the point of an actual knock I could hear and pain in the wrists and hands. I added an additional 10mm of oil in each fork and backed out on the clickers 4 clicks each and problem went away!

Try this and see what happens. It's a lot cheaper than springs and a re-valve!

:cool:

wizard69

May 3, 2001
how do I change my oil height and if the fron't is stiffer than the back would it mess my landings and do I have to do the thing with the clicks and how to do that its a yz 125 1990

hondaboss

Apr 4, 2000
wizard69, You can look at your situation 2 ways. 1st. you take some advice from someone here and apply it to your bike (w/o proper knowledge of your bike, riding conditions etc.). Most likely you will end up doing more damage to your machine or your body and not be able to ride at all.
2nd. you go get a factory manual for your bike ($25 ish) and get the "motocross and off-road motorcycle performance handbook " ($22 ish). With these two tools you will have the knowledge to begin doing your own maint./ tuning on your bike. It will save you a bunch of cash in the long run. They both give excellent info. on maint, tuning, mods and tricks to save you time and money. Unfortunately the machines we all love can be very complicated and in depth not to mention expensive to maintain. This is just the reality. I am poor as well and have to pick and choose what to do first, but i also like to work on my bike... that makes a big difference.
You also may want to hook up with some locals at the track that would be willing to teach you some of this basic stuff. More power to you if you can do that, but most people are there to ride not to chit chat, so be choosy about approaching someone (most people are friendly though).
Remember, if you don't know what you are doing, don't mess with it until you are confident you do know.
best of luck, happy riding :D

hondaboss

Apr 4, 2000
wiz, I will see if i can answer your original questions that you posted as well. I don't believe that you are going to have much better performance out of your forks until you get the seals changed.....period!. I am assuming you have kyb forks (yours may be different.) at the top of your fork where the fork cap sticks out of the pinch bolts you should have 2 screws on top. the screw in the middle of the bolt is your rebound adjuster. If you want to stiffen up your forks for larger jumps turn it clockwise (use small incrimets ex. half a turn or one full turn) then test it. But this probably won't make much difference w/ bad seals. The other screw is on the outer edge of the fork top. That is how you bleed your forks of air. your bikes forks should be off the ground when doing this. With blown seals you could do this every several laps ( this is only a temp. fix). other wise you should do this after every ride any way.
If your seals are blown don't even try to adjust the oil level. get the seals changed and your problem should be fixed.
once again, be SAFE and happy riding.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
HONDABOSS-You want to turn the COMPRESSION adjuster in, not the rebound one. It is on the bottom of the fork.
Wizzard69, not o be mean, but PLEASE use periods in your posts where appropriate. They are VERY hard to read as they are. Instead of using the word "and" alot, use periods and stop the run on sentences. Or at least, dump all but the last and in a sentence and seperate the clauses with commas, make sure they are parallel in form too.
There, a little grammer lesson for ya'.:) :cool:

hondaboss

Apr 4, 2000
kawie, thanks for the correction. a complete oversite on my part. the wiz has learned a little about his suspension as well as his future as an english teacher. it has been a good day for the wizard of canada.

Top Bottom