tomcat1976

Apr 24, 2008
hi fellas, i just joined up tonight. i used to work at a honda shop here in ms. this was way back in late eighties and 1990. anyway i have a jr 50 that i'm working on for a friend. he ask me to take it and work on it after he tried to do 2nd gear mod. he could'nt get the kick starter to spring back and the kick starter to turn the engine over. so i told him i would try to fix it. anyway i got the kick starter spring loaded back up and put the rear bolt back in the right crankcase so now the kick starter returns fine, next i noticed that the kickstarter was slipping, so i attempted to adjust the clutch and i got the engine turn over. next i started engine and tried to put it in gear and it kinda jumped and went dead. what i need to know is the clutch adjustment on the jr50 the same procedure as the old automatic hondas? for instance on the old honda atc 185s threewheeler, i would loosen the locknut and turn counter-clockwise till i felt tension then back off a quarter turn. that way when you would put gear-shift pedal down it would go in gear and when you let pressure off gear shift it would engage. i just wanted to know if there is a certain procedure to adjusting the jr50 clutch. thanks for any info you may offer. hope to help someone out sometimes on the forum myself. thanks again.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
your probably going to get bumped to the pit bike mini's section.

but its sorta like the old honda's. its a 2 disk cluth and the screw on the side adjusts the stall speed. but if it worked before he tried to do the 1st gear mod maybe he buggered something up?
The mod unleases the 1st gear. 2nd gear was already unleashed before the mod.

Top Bottom