scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Full results are up here:

http://www.trainingwheelsmc.com/ghost.htm

Some of the crews results were

Master:

2nd place T 2.0154 ANDY NAYLOR 19M MAS (nonickname)

Expert:

10th place 21.1072 ERIC ELLIOTT 17E EXP (Eel)

Novice:

7th place T 3.0186 TIM MORENC 17N NOV (Scar Tissue)
15th place 7.0212 CHRIS WHITING (G+) 16N NOV (2stroke4fun)
16 th place 7.0310 GREG ROSDAHL (G) 16NA NOV (oldnslow)

Super Senior:

5 th place 8.0420 JOHN GILL (G) 17SS SUP SEN (Placelast)

It was a fun Race, Thumbs decided to work it and let his wrist heal. It was good to see Placelast make it out. Thumbs and Eel Camped out with the girlfriends, John by himself, the rest of us straggled in Sunday AM

The weather was perfect, no rain, cool and a nice wet course. The course was fun but not overly challenging, though the speeds were high. I picked up only 2 seconds all of loop 1.None of us had any major problems on the first loop. just rode and enjoyed it. There were no resets out there so we had no breaks until the end.

Loop 2, same as loop one only much faster. After check one I just rode as hard and fast as I could but still dropped time in the long 48MPH single track section. :yikes: :coocoo: In fact everyone in my class dropeed at least a minute there. I had a little ribbon following trouble and ended up first on my minute but still 2 minutes down. John came in 3 minutes down and Eric 11, he had some other troubles. After that check things stayed quick but not crazy, I was able to catch back up to my minute by riding as hard as I could. Agan there are no resets so no breaks. Just go as fast as you can for as long as you can. I came flying around the corner where the final check was hidden about 25 seconds into my minute. I was coming in so hot I blew right through the check wide of the stakes. :ride: I had to spin around and go back though at 49seconds into my minute :(

I had a great ride gong until that loop. I didn't have any major problems I just couldn't ride the pace, nor could anyone else if you look at the score sheets. It was more a battle of who was the faster desert rider and who would drop the least amount of minutes.

Loop 3 was about the saem as loop 2 just faster, faster and faster.

Overall it was a great course and always fun. If was good to have out group filling 2 different minutes next to each other.

2stroke and Old n slow were on Minute 16 and Placelast, Eel and I on minute 17.

Next month I'll be racing the Vet class on Sunday at the Prairie Dogs GP at Glen Helan on the 6th.

The Propectors enduro on the 20th and

The TWMC Enduro on the 27th.

I hope to see you there :ride:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Well said, Scar. You are riding better than when we first rode together what, four years ago at El Mirage? No doubt the bike change helped, although regular riding/racing does the heavy lifting of it all. And your timekeeping/possible checkpoint locationing sabe is notable. The whole crew rode well, and no big crashes to speak of, including plyswfire's son (his first adult race).

Now I remembered we got off of the course, and perhaps a second time later?

My report is in the Ride/Race Reports fourm.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The course was super rough and the speeds were fast, as Scar noted. Traction was great and the sandy sweepers were a blast to ... well, BLAST ! I started my day off by burning the very 1st check ... I should know better. On the 2nd loop I did something to my computer that put it in a mode I wasn't familiar with .... I couldn't figure out how to get it back to race mode and admittedly I got more than a bit discouraged - deciding at that point to call it a day and just trail ride the rest of the loop back to camp. By the time the break was over I had my cojones back and went out for the rest of the race. It was great to see so many Wrecking Crew members attending (we missed Pvt Joker) and it was especially nice to see PlaceLast. Many, many thanks to Tony and Julie for putting me and Rhona up for the day, the night, and the next day. We had a great time.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Boodac said:
Scar Ill see you at Glen Helen. What time is your race?

9:30 Sunday = all Vets

Are you racing?

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
scar tissue said:
Next month I'll be racing the Vet class on Sunday at the Prairie Dogs GP at Glen Helan on the 6th.

Hey Tim, I won a free entry for this at the D37 banquet. I'm not going to be able to make it, so you can have it if you want. I'm in OC if you want to pick it up, or I can mail it. Just buy a T-shirt or something while there to support the club...

Lemme know...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
nonickname said:
Hey Tim, I won a free entry for this at the D37 banquet. I'm not going to be able to make it, so you can have it if you want. I'm in OC if you want to pick it up, or I can mail it. Just buy a T-shirt or something while there to support the club...

Lemme know...

Thanks thats awesome, I'll use it to enter an additional race, as I sent my first entry in already, I can pick it up or you can mail it to me at:

Tim Morenc
10 Calle Arcos
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688.

Let me know. And thanks again.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Yep I try to do all the District GP series races. I did terrible at Taft but man that was a great course layout. It was setup like the oldtime motorcross type courses. Whatever you do dont miss 29 Palms, that is a great race and tons of fun. Ill be racing the Unclassified Sunday at 8am and the Over 40 at 11am. Ill be moving up to the open class with the new bike. Ill see you out there so look for the white Chevy Crew cab truck with the new CR450 nearby. I usually stage over by my buddy who is a Viewfinder so come on over.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll look you up, I have a Red Dodge crew cab and a KTM 300.

Tim

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
Wow, that was a fast one! I don't know if I've ever rode that fast for that long! And after all that, I still got whooped on by half the Ama class!!! I really need to start doing some kind of conditioning or something. On top of just being plain slow, somehow I must have lost track of my ICO, and burned the next to last check. I thought I was well into my minute, but a second look by Sorudne confirmed that I was indeed early. I must have been to exhausted to see the numbers flashing. None the less the race was a blast, as always. This group always puts on a great event, and this year was no different.

As placelast pointed out, this was the little fire's first full blown Novice ride. 42 miles of dirt! I told him that I just couldn't wait for him, if he wanted to do it, he was on his own. There was never a doubt, he was as ready as could be. At both of the resets I tried to tell him that it was ok to stop if the race was too much for him. He replied "Doesn't that mean I'd DNF, that's ok I'll make it. I might be last, but I'll finish". Looks like I raised an enduro rider after all.

Great rides everbody! See ya at Prospectors.

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
scar tissue said:
I can pick it up or you can mail it to me at...
It'll be in the mail right after work with my Prospectors entry. Got room for 2 more on our minute if anyones interested (I'm sending mine in with Ned's).

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
It'll be in the mail right after work with my Prospectors entry. Got room for 2 more on our minute if anyones interested (I'm sending mine in with Ned's).

Can I break from tradition and get on your minute Andy?

No offence to my Team Knucklehead regulars I would just like to mix it up a bit this year.

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
thumbs said:
Can I break from tradition and get on your minute Andy?

No offence to my Team Knucklehead regulars I would just like to mix it up a bit this year.

Sure, fax it to me (949-926-6599) in the next 45 mins or so, and I'll mail it in. You can pay me for the entry at the race. We should be able to get a fairly early minute.

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
Got it Tony. I've got to leave here pretty quick to get the kids from Daycare, but if anyone else is interested, call me at (714)272-1965. I've got maybe an hour before these go to the post office.

Anyone ever hear from Brett R? He's got free entries this year (again), but I don't think I've seen him at an event yet.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... haven't heard from nor seen Brett since last year's Ghostrider.

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Nah, I'm still a SoCal'er at heart. I've just been in lurk mode for awhile. The main reason being I haven't ridden my bike since July!:yikes: I'm going to try to make it to the Prospector's enduro. I wonder if I still know how to ride...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
nonickname said:
It'll be in the mail right after work .

Thanks again, I got it Sat :)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I was going to write a full report, but time escaped me this week, bottom line, I had a blast, perfect weather, fun speeds (some I could almost keep up with :aj: ) my brain was left switched to stupid and I burned 2 checks. :bang:

Since the March TWMC event is on Easter sunday, I wont be able to make it :( So I want to try and make it to the Prospectors, where can I get sign up info?? Mellow, you want to ride the same minute?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
nonickname said:
They are assigning minutes strictly by order received, so get em in early before you end up on minute 2634. :laugh:

Well that would work out, I might as well have my score and minute match. :)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
if anyone wants to pre-enter on the same line, let me know ... so far i haven't sent anything in

Top Bottom