kdxman88

Oct 13, 2005
:ride: Hey there, great board, I love all the ideas that come in. I am in the process of doing a little spring cleaning on my 99 KDX 200. Just the normal greasing and lubing. My problem is that in all the years that I have owned the bike I haven't greased the swing arm or steering head. I am down to the last bolt on the swing arm( the one that has a bolt head on each side of the bike that goes through the back of the motor). These things are either on way, way tight or they have reverse threads. Anyone with some ideas? Should I strongarm it and try not to break the bolts or what? Thanks alot. PS. I don't have access to the internet each day, so I may not be able to answer or respond right away, but I will.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
It should be a bolt head on the left side of the bike and a nut on the right. loosen the nut and not the bolt. I usually use a big impact gun to get it off. It's got normal threads on it.

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
I use a cheater bar on the rachet on the nut side (right) to break loose. If the bolt rotates then get some help to hold on other side. If it is rusted then soak with some spray on oil or something that is for rusted on nuts. Let sit all night or at least 3 hours or so then try to break free with cheater bar. A piece of pipe works best but thick wall pvc may work if not too bad.

kdxman88

Oct 13, 2005
Thank you guys very much. At least now I know that I won't break any bolts. I will give this a try and procede on. Thanks again

kdxman88

Oct 13, 2005
What I did to get the bolt out was used a socket on the nut side(right) and another socket on the bolt side(left) and pushed and pulled like a mad man. It actually came apart pretty easy at that point. Initially, I was afraid of breaking something, should of known better. It's out now and getting greased up. Thanks for the help kdxchode and prk03.

Top Bottom