jdixon

Jan 22, 2006
just bought a 89 kawasaki kdx 2oo but motor is seized and am having trouble getting pivot bolt from swingarm and frame any advice from anyone will help. is there a lock ring or what i have tried pounding it out but will not come out. must get out to rebuild motor help

thomas123

Oct 31, 2001
First of all wrong forum...

I had the same problem on my old 93 cr125. Bolt had seized to one of the bushings. Tried everything, including wailling on it with a sledgehammer :| In the end had to saw the bolt off (between the swingarm and the motor, and the swingarm and the frame...) took forever, but I got it

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
:cool: i had the same problem on my 90' cr125, and what i did was laid the bike on its side and sprayed lube on it for a couple of days, this was the lube will be pulled from gravity down into little cracks or where ever fluid can flow between the bolt and frame. aft about a week of doing this i got a huge punch, more like a piece of steel the diameter of the hole in frame and took a huge sledge to it. once it started to move i would hit it back and forth to try and break loose the rust. it eventually came out but destroyed the bolt.Hope this helps

new bolt was $25

Top Bottom