Mar 25, 2008
Remove the nut on the left side. Just Kidding........

It sounds as if its froze to the bearings inside from lack of maint. Just beat it out with hammer and long punch then replace everything inside, You can get complete rebuild kits from "MotoSport" mfg by "Pivot Works" Good luck

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its not really the bearings, as much as the collar in the hub, and 2 sleeves. A LOT of penetrating fluid, heat, and patients. If you can set it up in a hydraulic press would be sweet, so you have to improvise! You do not want to mushroom the end, you will never get it all the way through. With a torch, warm the 2 collars, thread the nut on and tap with a hammer. Keep working from both directions. A big azz c clamp is better than a hammer. Blocking the other side helps a lot also.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
If memory serves me right :whoa: theres a thread in here somewhere, where 2 of the more knowledgable characters in here had the same problem with disastrous results. Quite funny I might add. Relating to more of my own experiences than that of others :bang:

LivinLife

Oct 13, 2008
Hey guys just a update. The whole bike had to be stripped and the swingarm pivot bolt drilled/cut out, as well as everything replaced like pivot collars, seals, washers..... The bolt was siezed on the pivot collars and at both sides of the frame. Just a word of wisdom to all motorcycle riders, remove and lube the shocklink, steering head, shock absorber, shockarm, and swing arm bearings or pay later. I'll do it every winter now, i learned the hard way what can i say. :|

Top Bottom