nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
What do you guys think about the Tag X5 bars? The X5 is the one with the crossbar. Do they hold up well? How do they compare to Renthal's in strength and feel? What different bends have you used?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Nikki, I got a set of Tag X5s This past Summer.
In my opinion they are great bars. I use the double CR HI bend.
Since I've been using them I've had several good get offs ( if there is such a thing:think ), severe enough to crack ribs, and the bars aren't tweaked one bit.
I can't speak to the comparison to Renthals since I've never owned a set.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
CR Hi Bend X5's

I've had a set on all summer and they never bent. I like the fact that they are 1 MM thicker in the center area just past the grips to make them even stronger than a Renthal. No vibration problems either.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool! Thanks guys! Sounds like they are a strong bar and will do the job. So you guys use CR high and double CR high... is the double CR high the tallest (like the Buton bend Renthal) because Red needs a tall bar. For me - I'm happy with pretty much and bend :)

Anyone else with X5 opinions?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Here's how some of the bends stack up:
  • _BAR____________WIDTH____HEIGHT__SWEEP
  • Tag X5 double CR HI____805_______115_______62
  • Renthal RC bend_______802________99_______54
  • Renthal J Button bend___795_______110_______62
  • Protaper CR HI_________813________95_______62

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey Papa - where did you find the width/height/sweep on the different Tag bends? I would be curious to see on the different Tag bars. I think Renthal's bend specs are listed on their site, right? Thanks a lot for the info!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome - thanks Papa! You're the man! :confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom