rmz_450

Oct 5, 2005
How can i fix my leaking 97 RM250 tank? it has several cracks around the brass threads that the fuel tap screws into. i have tried many products on the tank but they either dont stick or are eaten away by the fuel. plz help :bang:

RM Deamon

Aug 30, 2005
If you find someone good they can solder the plastic. I've had this done to an old bike of mine because I could'nt afford a tank and it held up surprisingly well

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
i have a crack right by the mount on the bottom of the tank. and its leaking. im gonna take the tank off and send it hopefully somewhere local and get someone to piss around wiht it. or maybe do it myself havent decided yet. but im gonna deff plastic weld it.

cmack

Sep 26, 2005
Napa has a two part epoxy plastic tank repair kit that is safe for gas tanks. I don't recall the part number off hand, but it costs about $13, and it works VERY WELL! No leaks whatsoever. The only negative is that it sets very fast... less than 5 mins from the time you mix the chemicals... so, make sure you have everything accessible and ready to go before you mix the stuff! You lay down some of the epoxy directly on the hole or crack, overlay a fiberglass patch, and then apply more epoxy. It makes a very hard black plastic patch. After it is totally cured, you just take a razor and trim any of the excess fiberglass. I now carry an extra kit with me as a "just in case".

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom