mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
Since she got the bike for Christmas last week, I've taken each day and to teach her new lessons. She has a little brother and sister that run around the yard like mad, so yesterday I made her ride around the yard and taught her how to stop and avoid objects. She didn't like it too much because when she'd come around the house I'd walk/run/jump out in front of her to see what her reaction was and how she handled it. At first she scared the hell out of me and once she hit my thigh but by the end of the day she figured out how to use the front and back brakes correctly, learn to lay the bike down, and lock and turn. Even at 20 mph that bike is quite dangerous. I know this lesson or how I taught it was stupid but trees, parked cars, and houses dont move when you hit them :) Also, the choice of hitting your little brother/sister or running into daddy's 45k suv shouldn't be a choice at all, she just needs to try to hit the softest spot on my suv.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
mrliquid said:
Since she got the bike for Christmas last week, I've taken each day and to teach her new lessons. She has a little brother and sister that run around the yard like mad, so yesterday I made her ride around the yard and taught her how to stop and avoid objects. She didn't like it too much because when she'd come around the house I'd walk/run/jump out in front of her to see what her reaction was and how she handled it. At first she scared the hell out of me and once she hit my thigh but by the end of the day she figured out how to use the front and back brakes correctly, learn to lay the bike down, and lock and turn. Even at 20 mph that bike is quite dangerous. I know this lesson or how I taught it was stupid but trees, parked cars, and houses dont move when you hit them :) Also, the choice of hitting your little brother/sister or running into daddy's 45k suv shouldn't be a choice at all, she just needs to try to hit the softest spot on my suv.

LOL

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just remember it's all in fun and enjoy the times :cool: And to take out brother or sis insted of the car :laugh:

mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
LOL, I'm just waiting for her little brother to setup a clothesline or dig a hole and cover it with cardboard and sand.. I wouldnt put it past him if he's anything like I was at 3 years old. I dropped a big metal tonka dump truck on my older sister's face while she was sleeping on the floor. 2 surgerys and 7000.00 later her nose was almost back to normal. 30 years later and she still is pissed at me hehehe

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
i remember those days.. except it was my cousin not my lil bro...

Top Bottom