Tech 8 Ventilation (is it worth the money)

MJ27

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2002
I'm trying to decide on a boot. I've narrowed it down to the Tech 8 or the Tech 6. I like the ventilation and bootie on the Tech 8, but I like the price, height and weight of the Tech 6 better.

Are the booties and ventilation really worth the extra money? Does the ventilation really help keep your feet cooler?

Thanks,
MJ

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Only the white Tech 8s have the vents. I have both vented and unvented Tech 8s and can tell the difference in cooling.

Don't even think of using waterproof and vented in the same sentence :(

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Kiwi - I have black Tech 8's and there is one dual-vent port down by the foot (by the lowest buckle/strap). Maybe this one is standard and the white ones have more vents though?

Well, I haven't had a chance to try out my Tech 8's yet but Red (my guy) has had Tech 8's since '99 and loves them. He says that the bootie helps keep your foot cool because it is away from the edges of the boot and the booties have cooling holes (or something like that). So air flows around your foot.

Also - the bootie provides extra ankle support/padding (compared to the Tech 6). And the metal buckles on the Tech 8 are an advantage over the plastic ones on the Tech 6.

Personally - I would spend the extra $40-60 for the Tech 8.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I just bought a pair and nikki's right about the advantages over the 6. I personally thought it was worth the extra money and I'm glad I did. I am an adult (at least that's what I keep telling my wife) and only plan to buy one pair for a while so the money not a big issue. My son is 9 and we're getting him the tech 6 because he will be looking for another pair next year. You can't put a price on good protection. :moon:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom