KDX607

Mod Ban
Nov 6, 2006
hey all i would like to learn about paragon in pa. i live approx 130 miles away.
Would the commute be worthwhile?
Is December open for riding?
How much does a day of riding cost?
I know they have good Single Track, but what's the best riding terrain there?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
http://www.paragonap.com/

Start by following that link. All the pricing/hours/trails information can be found there.

As for terrain it's a mix. There are miles of singletrack and lots of quad path. Most if not all is littered with rocks, rocks and more rocks. The Damn Yankees generally go there two or three times a year as a group.

If you do a search of the ride report forum for Paragon you should get pages of ride reports from our past rides there.

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
Not recomended for beginers. Even trails that a rated easy can get rather difficult this time of the year due to rain. And than there are rocks, lots of them, so be prepaired for some hard riding. If your friends have ATVs, unless they are 4wd or have a high clearance only. I saw alot of racing/sport quads stuck hard due to deep mud and large rocks under it.
On your KDX you can go through ANYTHING. Each time I ride mine there, it just keeps surprizing me more and more.
Well worth the trip.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Paragon can be as beginner friendly as the (beginner) rider makes it to be. It can also be as bad/nasty as the rider makes it to be.

Don't let these guys freak you out about all these rocks, rocks and more rocks ... they are just rocks! They tried that stuff with me ... I just rode right through them. :coocoo:

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
Yes, I agree with that, however, bring your mental fortitude.
Many people will be intimidated by some of the rougher stuff.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
so I've heard.

Just so people don't think I'm telling tales, here's rooster after his first New England ride in those phantom rocks:

roosterafter.jpg

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
A picture is worth 1,000 words. Although, a lot of Roosta's wetness could be explained by the many water hazards at Paragon. A word to the wise, don't ride behind PK when water is present.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
actually that picture is from a ride in CT, not Paragon, but it is representative of his general state after any ride here on the East coast :p :nener:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Not correct PILK :blah: ... that had nothing to do with rocks, it had everything to do with sloppy nasty mud and bike that was suspended for 90' doubles.

I have also noticed that is is YOU, not me, that tends to want to take a breather about every two miles or so :boss:

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
i ride here in pa and i dont have any problems here riding. The pictures looks exactly like what i ride on Terrain wise.

I mean like it is exact. :whoa:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Do Paragon. I went as a rote beginner on my KDX and have been back dozens of times since because I loved it THAT MUCH! Rocks or no rocks, you will be happy you went and will be a card carrying member after the first time if you ride with the right people. The Damn Yankees are who I've been riding with, cool guys, and will always take you on trails that will challange you but not kill you. Especially Scooter. I have yet to meet one "uncool person" in this group and look forward to many more years of PAP with these people. I generally don't ride there in December but if it's over 40* I'm in. Come out for our Spring ride. Guys? Is there a dateyet :)?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
WATER? Did someone mention water!!! Sorry, just HAD to do that!

Your best bet at Paragon is to be prepared, you AND your bike! Make sure you have a skid plate and radiator guards, after that its your brain that makes the difference. It is as easy to ride a you make it to be. Ask the people at the desk for a cell phone number to the front desk for emergencies and always ride with someone. Take your time and enjoy it. You will not find a nicer place around to ride and the best people too. Just post a thread in here when you wanna ride and someone will join you

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom