- May 21, 2001
Ok, I don't have to say I am a newbie, but I am. I rebuilt my top end last week. Piston, rings, power valves etc. All went well. Since then I have ran about 6 gallons of gas through the new top end. To my horror I discovered I have been mixing Yamalube 2 stroke oil (for outboards) instead of Yamalube for dirtbikes and four wheelers. It smoked a lot. I mean a lot. Today I drained everything and mixed MC1 into it. Cranked, ran fine, fouled 2 plugs and now I have about 90% less smoke and about 15% more power. My question, How much, if any damage, did I do, and what should I do now, if anything. Spanky250, hope you can help since we ride similar scoots, and you seem very knowledgeable. Mine is a 1992 KDX 200.