Terrorism

The question(s) is- should we go to war? Should we anihilate an entire country based on one group's actions? An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. I'm personally not very religious (most likely an atheist infact), but I think WWII taught us something about leveling entire cities/countries... Many people have strong concerns still about our justifications for using the A-bomb on Hiroschima(sp?) and Nagasaki... yes, it ended a war and maybe leveling some cities in the mideast will end the war on terrorism, but lets think of all our fellow country men and women who perished in yesterday's tragic events... should we as a country willingly support a strike to put our fellow HUMANS through what we have just experienced? there are alternatives... period...
what do YOU think?

Neil Wig

Lifetime Sponsor
Yes, ABSOLUTELY

These acts must be dealt with quickly, completely, and with the full support of the civilized world. To do any less invites future problems.

Neil Wig

Lifetime Sponsor
"don't we have somthing better? Like a Nuke !!!

I didn't say we should go nuclear. The US has the ability to do this without turning the middle east into a sheet of glass.

CR Swade

Subscriber
I would rather see it an "occupied" sheet of glass. Hey we can never have too many sheets of glass-plus all of the oil that we care to use.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Don't go to war. Identify the poeple responsible and offer a $10,000,000.00 bounty on them with a bonus if it's done in a certain amount of time. Much cheaper than war and it sends one H*LL of a message! You would have the scumbags nocking each other off to get the money.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
What is so disgusting to me is the video of the people cheering in the streets. I do not have any sympathy for them. I kow they are "INNOCENT" in the actual act but they are simpathizers.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by DanS
Don't go to war. Identify the poeple responsible and offer a $10,000,000.00 bounty
Money doesn't mean as much to these freaks.

They need to be spanked. We have the paddle.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Since I seem to be a minority in the other thread, I'll post my thoughts here for comment. Go ahead, I can take the abuse.

1) Target these groups and their leaders and deploy our special forces to "take them out."
2) Conduct planned air strikes on specific targets identified by ground-force recon teams.
3) Maintain diplomatic relations with "friendly" nations.
4) Sever ties with those who "support" terrorist activities.
5) Increase security here in the U.S. and for our personnel overseas... this will get ugly.
6) Avoid the use of nuclear weapons at all costs. We may be the biggest kid on the block with nukes, but all it takes is one ICBM with a class IV nuclear warhead to ruin your whole day. (That's for you Pred!)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Woods-

I'd just as soon not see any nukes either. We've got lots of other neat toys that'll do a plenty good job.

You talk about thinking of all the innocent people that would be killed if we bomb the hell out of whatever country is harboring these people. Would that be the same "innocent" people that were dancing in the streets and rejoicing when they heard the news of the devastation and deaths caused by the attacks? Did they care about the innocent people that were killed? I say we bomb all the known terrorrist groups, and any country that gives them safe haven and protection, all the way back to the stone age. We have tolerated these people and there idealistic BS for too long, it is time to end their reign of terror for good. We built their countries, brought them into modern times, fed them, and helped them to build industries to support the populations of their countries, and yet we receive nothing in return but hatred and disgust. It is time these backwards little nations learn that you don't screw with the United States with impunity. We should teach them a lesson that will make the entire world stand up and take notice.

I do like the notion of small, strategic forays to take out a band at a time, but the reality is that they are too well sheltered and protected by the same countries that turn to us and say "We had nothing to do with the attacks, please don't hurt us". My one fear is that, by the time all of our supposed "allies" finish pleading with us to use restraint and diplomacy, we'll end up going in with BB guns and slingshots in the name of political correctness. Last night, Pakistan pleaded with the US government to not attack Afghanistan, because they are such a poor country, and the population is suffering so much misery. Well, maybe if their government didn't spend so much money feeding, training, and equiping terrorrists, they could afford to bring the standard of living up a little.

I'm sorry if I sound hateful and bitter, I am usually calm and level headed, but right now I feel hateful and bitter. I am so sick of the fact that, everytime there is a disaster somewhere in the world, we are the first ones to help (sometimes the only ones), but all we get in return is hatred and attacks, and no one is going to step in and help us this time, just like no one ever does. Do you really think they are just going to hand these people over to us?

Last edited:

KTMKyd

Lifetime Sponsor
In response to JoeAverage,

Destroying the cities and countries would not be like a game of battle ship, where they fire at random, maybe with clues and tips, hoping they would kill the leader of this group. It would not be just an attack on the terrorists, but the governments that harbor, sponsor, or provide any type of help to these terrorists. It was made clear that there will be NO distinction between the terrorists and those that sponsor, help or sympathize(sp?) for them.

It is the choice of governments such as the Taliban to hide and sometimes sponsor this scum.

The middle-east is overrun with people like this, and I believe that we should make a clear point that this behavoir WILL NOT be tolerated by America, and should not be tolerated or accepted by other countries either.

Just my .02

-Searge

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
Terrorists!

GRRRR.....I'm unable to put my thoughts into words. Rickin' racker frackin' yahoos. If there is any US military pilot that needs an extra finger on a FIRE button, I've got TEN I'll donate!

SFO

Lifetime Sponsor
I keep thinkin'

I am going to put some more time in as a .50cal bow gunner in the Persian Gulf...
Just when I started to like fishing again!
I guess 2200hrs wasn't enough?
I did raise my right hand and all.
Am ready to do it again, with Honor.
Bill