JoeAverage

Jun 22, 2000
The question(s) is- should we go to war? Should we anihilate an entire country based on one group's actions? An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. I'm personally not very religious (most likely an atheist infact), but I think WWII taught us something about leveling entire cities/countries... Many people have strong concerns still about our justifications for using the A-bomb on Hiroschima(sp?) and Nagasaki... yes, it ended a war and maybe leveling some cities in the mideast will end the war on terrorism, but lets think of all our fellow country men and women who perished in yesterday's tragic events... should we as a country willingly support a strike to put our fellow HUMANS through what we have just experienced? there are alternatives... period...
what do YOU think?

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Yes, ABSOLUTELY

These acts must be dealt with quickly, completely, and with the full support of the civilized world. To do any less invites future problems.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
"don't we have somthing better? Like a Nuke !!!

I didn't say we should go nuclear. The US has the ability to do this without turning the middle east into a sheet of glass.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I would rather see it an "occupied" sheet of glass. Hey we can never have too many sheets of glass-plus all of the oil that we care to use.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Don't go to war. Identify the poeple responsible and offer a $10,000,000.00 bounty on them with a bonus if it's done in a certain amount of time. Much cheaper than war and it sends one H*LL of a message! You would have the scumbags nocking each other off to get the money.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
What is so disgusting to me is the video of the people cheering in the streets. I do not have any sympathy for them. I kow they are "INNOCENT" in the actual act but they are simpathizers.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by DanS
Don't go to war. Identify the poeple responsible and offer a $10,000,000.00 bounty
Money doesn't mean as much to these freaks.

They need to be spanked. We have the paddle.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Since I seem to be a minority in the other thread, I'll post my thoughts here for comment. Go ahead, I can take the abuse.

1) Target these groups and their leaders and deploy our special forces to "take them out."
2) Conduct planned air strikes on specific targets identified by ground-force recon teams.
3) Maintain diplomatic relations with "friendly" nations.
4) Sever ties with those who "support" terrorist activities.
5) Increase security here in the U.S. and for our personnel overseas... this will get ugly.
6) Avoid the use of nuclear weapons at all costs. We may be the biggest kid on the block with nukes, but all it takes is one ICBM with a class IV nuclear warhead to ruin your whole day. (That's for you Pred!)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Woods-

I'd just as soon not see any nukes either. We've got lots of other neat toys that'll do a plenty good job.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
You talk about thinking of all the innocent people that would be killed if we bomb the hell out of whatever country is harboring these people. Would that be the same "innocent" people that were dancing in the streets and rejoicing when they heard the news of the devastation and deaths caused by the attacks? Did they care about the innocent people that were killed? I say we bomb all the known terrorrist groups, and any country that gives them safe haven and protection, all the way back to the stone age. We have tolerated these people and there idealistic BS for too long, it is time to end their reign of terror for good. We built their countries, brought them into modern times, fed them, and helped them to build industries to support the populations of their countries, and yet we receive nothing in return but hatred and disgust. It is time these backwards little nations learn that you don't screw with the United States with impunity. We should teach them a lesson that will make the entire world stand up and take notice.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I do like the notion of small, strategic forays to take out a band at a time, but the reality is that they are too well sheltered and protected by the same countries that turn to us and say "We had nothing to do with the attacks, please don't hurt us". My one fear is that, by the time all of our supposed "allies" finish pleading with us to use restraint and diplomacy, we'll end up going in with BB guns and slingshots in the name of political correctness. Last night, Pakistan pleaded with the US government to not attack Afghanistan, because they are such a poor country, and the population is suffering so much misery. Well, maybe if their government didn't spend so much money feeding, training, and equiping terrorrists, they could afford to bring the standard of living up a little.

I'm sorry if I sound hateful and bitter, I am usually calm and level headed, but right now I feel hateful and bitter. I am so sick of the fact that, everytime there is a disaster somewhere in the world, we are the first ones to help (sometimes the only ones), but all we get in return is hatred and attacks, and no one is going to step in and help us this time, just like no one ever does. Do you really think they are just going to hand these people over to us?

Last edited:

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
In response to JoeAverage,

Destroying the cities and countries would not be like a game of battle ship, where they fire at random, maybe with clues and tips, hoping they would kill the leader of this group. It would not be just an attack on the terrorists, but the governments that harbor, sponsor, or provide any type of help to these terrorists. It was made clear that there will be NO distinction between the terrorists and those that sponsor, help or sympathize(sp?) for them.

It is the choice of governments such as the Taliban to hide and sometimes sponsor this scum.

The middle-east is overrun with people like this, and I believe that we should make a clear point that this behavoir WILL NOT be tolerated by America, and should not be tolerated or accepted by other countries either.

Just my .02

-Searge

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Terrorists!

GRRRR.....I'm unable to put my thoughts into words. Rickin' racker frackin' yahoos. If there is any US military pilot that needs an extra finger on a FIRE button, I've got TEN I'll donate!

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I keep thinkin'

I am going to put some more time in as a .50cal bow gunner in the Persian Gulf...
Just when I started to like fishing again!
I guess 2200hrs wasn't enough?
I did raise my right hand and all.
Am ready to do it again, with Honor.
Bill

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
Joe Average wrote:I'm personally not very religious (most likely an atheist infact), but I think WWII taught us something about leveling entire cities/countries Yes, WW2 taught us that if you totally destroy your attackers they will cease hostilities! Did we Attack Natzi Germany and Imperial Japan with everything we had? Yes. Did it work? Yes. "I feel good, I knew that I would". or our funeral march? Which is it going to be?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If you get stung by a hornet, do you try to find out just which one it was?
OR...do you find the nest and totally eradicate it with fire?

Folks, those people in those idiot countries are not innocent. Oh yeah, maybe in your eyes they are just humans, but hey...these so called humans won't hesitate to take you and your family out so they too can be martyrs and lifted to glory in the kingdom of ala.

I don't consider the family of terrorists being killed collateral damage. I find it quite comforting to know that there would be fewer monters drawing breath.

I commend folks who have hearts and feel for civilians, it's good that you have been raised with a bit of compassion, but you are wrong. Way wrong.

Bin Laden has had a 5 million dollar price on his head for a few years now. Why no takers??? :think Hmmmm.... could it be that all the folks that are around him advocate his actions? You can bet on it!

Joe Average....if you are an atheist, then you don't have to worry about much then. When you die you will just be dust. No problems. Why do you even concern yourself with such stuff...you have nothing to live,or die, for.
You think you will be remebered for your humanitarian thoughts? I quite doubt it. If I were like you, with no convictions, I'd be behind a nuclear strike, what have you got to lose? Dewd, you better find something to believe in before the creek gets too deep.

What I truely think is that you have less than a clue.

JoeAverage

Jun 22, 2000
I bring up my religious preferences only to illustrate the fact that it is inherently wrong period to level entire countries based one group's beliefs and actions... i really don't think 100% of the terrorist-harboring countries hate the US that much.. not 50% even... my views here may seem very naive, but it's how I personally feel... war isn't good for anything or anybody... i'm no hippie either...

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by JoeAverage
i really don't think 100% of the terrorist-harboring countries hate the US that much.. not 50% even...

Have you ever traveled to any 3rd world countries? I have on many occasions and there is a lot of hostility aimed at the US from the populations of many of these countries. The US is used as a scapegoat by the governments of many countries for the problems they face. As a result the populations grow up hating the US and anything associated with us. I'm not saying we are innocent of not meddling with countries for our own benefit but we are not to blame for a lot of what these leaders tell the people. There is nothing pretty about war. But as my old man would say " You start it, I sure as H*LL will finish it". I hope we finish it and finish it right. If that means leveling a country or two then so be it.

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
General Norman Schwarzkopf the man who led our armed forces the last time we engaged in a war with a group of Muslims under President George Bush said, "When we fought in the Middle East we went to extreme measures even to the point of putting our own troops in danger to avoid harming civilians. The people who attacked the US on Tuesday directly attacked civilians, that is the difference between them and us." These words are not accurate but that was his idea.

If you think that the A-bomb was an act of terrorism commited by the United States on Japan heres why I think that it was not...According to estimates made by the US military from taking over islands in the Pacific (which we all know horror stories) the death toll of US soldiers would have been significantly higher than if we were to end the war by conventional means than it was by dropping both atomic bombs...and that is not to say that not just american soldiers would have died but many Japanese soldiers as well. I have been to Japan and many still feel resentment against the United States...War isn't pretty, it never has been, but the decision to drop the bomb was done so to save life.

The attack made upon us this Tuesday was unprovoked and was done with no intention of saving any lives. The terrorists involved our own civilians on the planes that crashed into the the trade center. The effect that this will have is inevitable, its going to lead to more death in the Middle East.

I believe that retaliation by the US is justified. It may be ugly, disgusting or horrific but if it prevents similar incidents in the future, resulting in a net savings of lives, then the US has the right to strike against those who attack us.

Thanks for listening

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Woodsrider , you took the words right out of my mouth.
send a few missles to their favorite hang outs.
I second the motion.............
Walt

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by DanS
Don't go to war. Identify the poeple responsible and offer a $10,000,000.00 bounty on them with a bonus if it's done in a certain amount of time. Much cheaper than war and it sends one H*LL of a message! You would have the scumbags nocking each other off to get the money.
The scumbags of fundamental Islam faith don't like money and our materialism. All the cash in the world can't guarantee success. Only our sweat and blood (backed by $40 billion being appropriated), and the help of our allies will pull this off.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dropping the A-bomb and H-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were NOT acts of terrorism. Truman made the decision for two reasons. One, as Dirtygirly pointed out, was to stop the slaughter of U.S. troops in the Pacific. The Japanese soldiers would've fought until the last one was dead. In fact almost 20 years after WWII Japanese soldiers, who were forgotten on a remote island in the pacific, were discovered and still believed they were at war. The only way to get them to surrender was to destroy their country and force their leadership into a peace agreement. The other reason was money. The cost of fighting a war on two fronts for almost four years and financially backing the allied nations for over two years before entering the war strained U.S. government finances. The government was nearly broke.

The explosive power of the atomic weapons used on Japan in 1945 were tiny compared to that of nuclear arms the U.S. and other countries have at their disposal today. It's sort of like comparing a firecracker to a stick of dynamite. These are weapons of mass destruction that do a lot more than just level cities. They can destroy the world... many times.

The U.S. also has weapons that do not contain as much explosive energy, yet are just as effective. Using these weapons on key strategical targets could literally bring most countries to their knees. Keep in mind some of these "neat toys" (as Predator put it) are soldiers in the special forces that are literally trained to kill. They are not your typical grunt.

Keep one thing in mind, don't expect U.S. retaliation until we have identified and flushed out those terrorists that are currently on U.S. soil. This wasn't the work of just a few, but an entire network deeply entrenched in society and throughout the world.

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Unfortunately the enemy this time is not a country - We cannot point to a place on the map and say OK lets erase from here to here and then be done with it. The enemy is everywhere - he is in other countries abroad that hate us, and countries abroad that side with us, he is in our own country, cities, towns, he shops in our stores and walks next to you on the street - he may even serve you dinner at your favorite restaurant. The terrorists who are directly responsible for this atrocity are already dead and we cannot kill them again. How I wish we could... but we can find their helpers and make them pay!

I agree we need to go after bin Laden and with great force to thwart future attacks but this is not a fight you will win by carpet bombing an entire nation. First problem is that you don't even guarantee you will kill bin Laden.. He has evaded us for years and masterminded plots against many nations. We should methodically pick off their camps one by one - capture their leaders and torture them until they talk.. nobody has to know.

I want death and destruction of whoever is responsible for this and would gladly pull the trigger myself but if you think about it anyone involved will pay the ultimate price after their death. God didn't make Hell for nothing... I hear there's no dirtbikes there.. Ivan is that true?

Jeff

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Sure you can pick a place on the map.

Location 1 - Afganistan
Afganistan was warned that they would be held accountable if they protected bin Laden, and bin Laden or his pions attacked the US.
I believe bin Laden was also named the head of the Afgan military a few months ago. Therefore, as a member of their government, it is an act of war.

Location 2 - Iraq
The Mossad has suggested that Sadam was involved in this attack.
The Mossad are notorious for having the best intelligence in the world.

Location 3 - Satilite Imaging
Any location shown to be used as a training fascility for terrorists.

There are any number of valid targest for US aggression. The US government has a long list of potential targest. Prioretize them, and destroy them.
Countries will reconcider harboring international terrorists when they pay the price with their blood.

The time has come.

Top Bottom