89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
Today I got my DT360 running, but it's putting up a hell of a smokescreen. I premixed 32:1 (4 oz per gallon of gas right?) because I thought the oil injection was disabled. From my understanding, there should be throttle cable that goes to the oil pump right? Anyways, I put a little oil in the injection tank in case it was still connected, I didn't want to burn up the pump. Is there some way to test the system without disassembling the motor?

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
If the pump has an outlet hose disconnect it and run the engine and see what happens. It will work without a cable connected but the volume will be too low above idle.Love the pumps, no need to premix.

89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
I'll check that tomorrow, but it seems like it had a lot of volume. The bike was putting out a lot of smoke, and was acting like it was running out of fuel maybe halfway up the rev range. The pump doesn't have that kind of volume at idle, does it?

89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
Well, I checked today and the oil injection is not hooked up. I know the jetting is a little off because the carb is off a DT250, so changing that should remove the surging at idle and weak top end right? It still seems like it is putting out too much smoke, what else would cause this?

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Crank seals. Could be burning gear oil. If they've gone hard from sitting you may get lucky and they may absorb some oil and soften up.

89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
Yeah, my friend and I were talking about it and gear oil was discussed, but I wasn't sure there was any way for the gear oil to get into the crankcase. It's definitely a possibilty since the bike sat for a while before I got it. I'll check those out assuming rejetting doesn't help.

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Which way would it be just putting a carb set up for a smaller bike? I'm thinking it would tend to be lean, but don't really know.

May 29, 2007
Does any one know how much volume is suppose to come out of the oil pump? I hooked mine up on a 1977 TS185 and tested it at various rpms. At idle 1000rpms it dripped probably once every 8 to 10 seconds and at 5000-6000 rpms it dripped probably every 5-6 seconds. Does this sound like enough lube? Don't want to screw up my new top end! Any help would be great.

Top Bottom